• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are gun shows worth going to now?

SirBannedAlot

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
171   0
Reaction score
Buddy has never been to a gun show and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Eastman show this weekend...

Has anyone been to one recently? Are there even any deals to be had, or just a bunch of neckbeards and Fudds participating in overpriced panic buying? Haven't been to a show since before all this crap started...

Well, yeah, I get that... Been to a few last year and they weren't awful, but you are right, they aren't the gun shows of old, as they say...

But for someone that hasn't been to one, are they even worth it? Not looking to save money, as I am sure their prices aren't better than the LGS... but what kind of inventory could they possibly have?

Last thing I want to do is stand in line to get in and have mostly empty tables and 9mm ammo for $1 per round... I can find a much more fun activity to do that day... like throwing myself down a flight of stairs or something...

Good for the high end stuff/ multiple gun purchases I think, If you have a trade, you can usually dicker with the real owners of collections...or meet them in the parking lot.
Gone to many, usually good deals to be had....especially a few hours before the closing, people have booth and expenses to pay for and don't like carrying stuff home

Do you want to catch Covid-19, then yes, go to a gun show.

What I would expect at a gun show this year.
Crowded as ****.
$1/round for 9mm, over a buck a round for rifle calibers.
Beef jerky and T-shirts
Lots of other crap you don't need
Cool knives
Custom holsters and leather stuff

Better to stay away and buy your stuff online and have it delivered to your house.

Buddy has never been to a gun show and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Eastman show this weekend...

Has anyone been to one recently? Are there even any deals to be had, or just a bunch of neckbeards and Fudds participating in overpriced panic buying? Haven't been to a show since before all this crap started...

If you do go...please report back here with pics.

Back
Top Bottom