• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are gun shows a waste of time now?

If you are bored out of your mind.
Have absolutely nothing else to do.
Have $12 you were gonna throw out your car window any way.
Love buying highly over priced items.
Enjoy being around idiots.
Want to buy a Chinese knock off then yes, I recommend you attend one.

If you are bored out of your mind.
Have absolutely nothing else to do.
Have $12 you were gonna throw out your car window any way.
Love buying highly over priced items.
Enjoy being around idiots.
Want to buy a Chinese knock off then yes, I recommend you attend one.
Why would you spend $12 to be around idiots when you can do that here for free?

Finding this page definitely makes gun shows feel like an even bigger waste of time. I had been searching everywhere for a 35w H&R, went to 4-5 gun shows, visited pawn shops in the area each time I traveled, no luck. Found this page when browsing pawn shops and classifieds, posted on here and found the rifle I wanted on day 1. Now i'm hooked.

Had this exact same conversation at a gun show this past weekend. Gone are the days of gun show pricing. You can most definitely find a better deal here on ODT or other online sources.

Ammo Cans - All they are good for is Ammo Cans

...and possibly Pain Cream, Cooler Ice Packs, Thin belts not fit to hold the lightest of firearms, Cheap wallets, Chinesium Knives, Donations and Brochures from local beggars, Getting your vehicle dented or robbed in the parking lot, the excitement of a ND, Knock off and Chicom optics not fit for 100 yard work, someone making crappy custom kydex holsters, cliche t-shirts, overpriced AR500 steel except for maybe 1 vendor 1-2 times / year (Chambliss Welding), $60/lb powder, $250/brick primers, so much ammo that you'd think there was an oversupply. I suppose you might see a gun or 2, but you have to look hard.

And you have to buy a LOT of cans to cover the entry.

Back
Top Bottom