• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are established members become more....

What is happening is folks are doing a search on line for desired guns. They are finding them here, sign up, then contact the seller.

Once the deal goes through, they don't come back.

The "regulars" just post about the high prices.

The new normal.
Never been ghosted on here but I only have a few meets; No excuse when said fella is on here shootin the breeze imo. Another point, while I'm here, some of the "regulars" have gotten wise and looking up what stuff is actually selling for.

I have a good honest deal with an OG today. First time we met. OG members are the heart of this board, not here just to make a buck then run.
I think if you look , you will find great folks still want to trade at decent prices. Being fair with your neighbor goes a long way.
This is true.. but go look at the classifieds and see who is just making a fast dollar.. the lock their threads because they know in their heart they’re doing wrong..

Why would you take it personal ?
Maybe he got more money.
Maybe he sold it to someone he knows on here.
Maybe he read some of your posts and came to the conclusion that he didn't like you.

I will sell to whoever "I" decide to arm !
And whoever don't like it, can kiss my ...

I think some old guys also don't check the site but every so many days. I know if i'm out of town or visiting family or hunting fishing etc...I have gone periods without checking it as I only had a flip phone till about a year ago. Once I get back on i'll reply. However there are alot of young/new members that say i'll take it before they really know what the listing is for, happens quite often with someone with less than 5 feed back.

Why would you take it personal ?
Maybe he got more money.
Maybe he sold it to someone he knows on here.
Maybe he read some of your posts and came to the conclusion that he didn't like you.

I will sell to whoever "I" decide to arm !
And whoever don't like it, can kiss my ...
When you pm “I’ll take it” and don’t, that makes that person a pos IMHO Real simple to me

I feel like I did a member wrong one time in 2017. In his ad , I said "if all those deals fall through, holler at me" . There was like 3 guys in line if I remember right , on a Keltec ksg . After about a week I took a year or so off ODT shortly after. When I came back it was still listed and Seller had posted "still available" but I was broke and ad had been closed. But I never PM'ed that I'd take it; But I'll never forget it prob? I think I remember the member but not possitive.... we seem to be cool so I guess it wasn't that big'a deal?

I feel like I did a member wrong one time in 2017. In his ad , I said "if all those deals fall through, holler at me" . There was like 3 guys in line if I remember right , on a Keltec ksg . After about a week I took a year or so off ODT shortly after. When I came back it was still listed and Seller had posted "still available" but I was broke and ad had been closed. But I never PM'ed that I'd take it; But I'll never forget it prob? I think I remember the member but not possitive.... we seem to be cool so I guess it wasn't that big'a deal?
Man I ain’t mad at you... if I was I would’ve neg’d you.. anyways I wound trading it for SARS B6p compact 2 tone pistol and 1000.00... money and pistol is both gone now...bought a John boat and it sank with the gun in it.. so I just play softball now

Back
Top Bottom