• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 charging handle.

bmarsh07

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
74   0
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this before? The bottom edge of my charging handle is catching on something (maybe the cam pin?)

I've swapped through 3 charging handles- 1 factory, 2 aftermarket. Two of them are doing this.

Any solutions?
72ed43fd57154eb5fc108bb6eae0351e.jpg
39423735a038d68f2148d62f65a65774.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve seen it on cheap Chinese knockoffs of Radian charging handles.

What are the make of the two charging handles that are doing this? Pics of the latch end and markings?

The rifle is a Mossberg MMR- purchased NIB. The first time it happened was with the factory Mossberg CH.
I swapped CH's with a salty old mutt build with no specific markings and it worked fine.
This 3rd one was definitely a knock off that input in a week ago.

That's what I don't understand- the FACTORY CH did this. I can understand the knock off happening.

And what it's doing is NOT allowing it to charge. This doesn't seem to be damage from movement of the bolt, but resistance against the charging movement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: I am not a gunsmith but
My guess is gas key fitment is throwing off the height relation between BCG and CH which is why the metal has deformed into a sort of ledge.

Swap the bcg and CH and see if it changes anything, I attached a pic of one of my BCGs and CH it seems the back corner is the affected part.

If there isn’t enough engagement between That ledge on the BCG it may be what’s eating up the CH and why it has deformed it and made that ledge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom