• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15/16A1 Clone

up graded my toy with night vision, last time I used a set-up like this was Nov 68. Since I have my range, I'll keep the neighbors up at night popping metal :)
AR with NV.jpg

I want an M16A1 clone.

I'm not a purist-- I'll take a shell deflector or forward assist if I have to, but I really want the shorter A1 buttstock, the triangular handguards, and the pencil barrel.
And I want some of the straight-body 20 round aluminum mags to go with it.

I wouldn't mind a 1:12 twist barrel, either, since 55 grain ammo is probably all I'll ever use in it.
But I'm not a purist, so for practical reasons I could go with 1:9 also.
But I want it to have the skinny profile, all the way, even under the handguards.

P.S. I mean "one day I'll build or acquire" such a rifle. I'm not actually putting up a W.T.B. ad.

P.S. A couple years after I posed this, I did acquire a home-assembled AR that is configured as an M16A1, except it's got a shell deflector, forward assist, fence around the mag button, etc.
But it's got a skinny 20" barrel, triangular handguards, a 3-prong flash hider, and a fixed carry handle.

I like it. I don't regret the choice to get a real RIFLE, rather than an M-4 looking carbine.
It's a pleasure to shoot.
It came with one aluminum 20-round mag, and I wish I could find another in good shape, though I did buy a new ribbed steel 20-rounder that looks almost the same. Good enough for my purposes.

Back
Top Bottom