• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar pistol question???

acog1988

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   0
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before just trying to cover my butt. I'm entertaining a trade for an Ar pistol just not 100% on the laws. If I decided to go with the trade are there any special requirements for it to be legal, of can we just meet verify age and state of residence being Ga and be done? Any idea on the value based on specs provided. Thank you for any help ODT
LRB Lower receiver
PSA LPK, Buffer, Spring, Buffer Tube
ASAP Ring
Condor 1 Point Bungee Sling
Magwell Grip
Yankee Yill Upper
Yankee Hill Todd Jarrett Midlength Forearm
7.5" Barrel
Noveske KX3
BCM Mod 3 Charging Handle

http://imgur.com/3xu2byt,yVis9Ob

If it is built as a pistol then its legal. Pistol can be rifle and back to pistol and still be legal. Rifle cannot become pistol without sbr stamp. That is the way I have read it. Someone can cirrect me if it is different.

Last edited:
So as long as the person who built it stated it was a pistol at time he went through ffl for the lower I'm in the clear? How can I know if he "registered" it as pistol. Help me out guys!!

Lowers are transferred as "recievers" Technically, even though its considered a!" reciever", if you build a rifle first, has to stay a rifle. If you build a pistol, you can do what you want as long as its not an illegal sbr.

It really depends on how the lower was initially transferred to the original purchaser. If the FFL knew what he was doing, it was transferred as an "other" and not as a "rifle". You should be fine, Just avoid "constructive intent" by not having excess parts laying around that would make an SBR...

As far as value, that's a pretty nice pistol! He's got some $$ in it, I'd estimate between $950-1000. These things get pricey pretty quickly... I know, I'm on my third pistol build.

If you decide not to trade, let me know... I might have something he's looking for. :becky:

D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom