• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar lower

Ferguson0089

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   1
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this Is a broke lower piece or is it a part. Picked up a ar in trade fired it ones and the buffer retainer broke and came out when I opened the gun up the the buffer spring shot out so i removed the buffer tube and the take down pin and this little piece fell out from Some where and I don't know what it is or where it goes.

Attachments

• 20200614_161547.jpg
    20200614_161547.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 94
What type of base plate did the gun have? Looks kinda like a Magpul ASAP sling plate part. Been a long time since I used one due to rattling noise and deer don't like that.

Yep, that looks like a Magpul ASAP or knockoff, and that little piece goes into the slot. It is used as an anti rotational tab for the buffer tube and held in by the castle nut. It can be a PITA to get in sometimes.

Yep, that looks like a Magpul ASAP or knockoff, and that little piece goes into the slot. It is used as an anti rotational tab for the buffer tube and held in by the castle nut. It can be a PITA to get in sometimes.
Ok thanks man. Taking the thing to a gun smith in the am to get him to go threw the gun

Back
Top Bottom