• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR builders’ tools

Appreciate the offer. I was able to install it. I overestimated how hard 300 (more like 330 in my case) degrees would be. It crushed quite smoothly through the entire range - I think the grease helped.

Yessir. I’ve seen crush washers crush unevenly. You end up with an oval that’s a bugger to remove later on without possibly messing up the barrel threads. I end up cutting them off. When I use grease, I never have that issue.

Grease is also great help between the castle nut and end plate for saving the threads on your buffer tube. Often times the two parts will bind causing the end plate to spin beyond the buffer tube groove resulting in damaged parts and frustration.

Grease is also great help between the castle nut and end plate for saving the threads on your buffer tube. Often times the two parts will bind causing the end plate to spin beyond the buffer tube groove resulting in damaged parts and frustration.

AeroShell 64 is the proper grease to use on the castle nut/receiver extension, as well as the barrel nut.

Back
Top Bottom