• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR builders’ tools

What would be a general guess as to price of all of the upper and lower specialty tools?
Good luck finding the Geissele Reaction Block. I have been looking for one but have been successful with everyone out of stock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m not actively looking for any of it at the moment. It is very interesting to me though. I was mainly wondering a round about guess as to what this venture may cost. $300? $500 $1000 plus. Etc. I’ll google a few of the items and that may give me my answer. lol.

Ok so the reaction block looks to be about $200. I’ll assume the other jig is also $200 Reaction rod looks to be around $100. I’ll assume it’s going to be $1000+ for just the specialty tools. Which is equivalent to a decent carbine. So not unattainable. But the question is how often will I use it. Interesting stuff.

Ok so the reaction block looks to be about $200. I’ll assume the other jig is also $200 Reaction rod looks to be around $100. I’ll assume it’s going to be $1000+ for just the specialty tools. Which is equivalent to a decent carbine. So not unattainable. But the question is how often will I use it. Interesting stuff.
If your not gonna build multiple guns, most likely not much however my philosophy is that you should be able to perform basic armorer level maintenance on your carbine. Doing so will ensure familiarity/confidence with your firearm and a can be a cost saving as opposed to gunsmiths for simple jobs where you may be upgrading a entry level rifle. While having all the tools of the trade would be the best it isn’t financially feasible for all I get that but realistically. The wheeler upper block ( clamshell style roughly ~$30), a lower block (bought mine at a gun show for $5) Armorer wrench (PSA ~$25) a “Real Avid AR15 punch set” ($40) would probably build all the blasters/ maintain or work on the ones you have well enough. Provided you already have basic tools like Allen keys torx bits a vice etc,

so for $100 dollars. You can build or replace everything on a lower, install & stake castle nuts, install new hand guards, replace barrels (provided you bought a barrel with a gas block or one that is dimpled, otherwise you’d need the dimple jig) , change/remove/install muzzle devices, strip a bcg into sub components for changing extractors/springs etc.
what more do you need

i can’t answer that, as I don’t know what you’ll be doing.

I named the tools, along with the tasks. You’ll have to look at their use and decide which ones you would need.

Back
Top Bottom