• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR 9mm PISTOL

RamRoddoc, Been thinking about what to do with a completely stock Colt AR 9mm. The cheaper mags seem to be the weak link as block is pinned and non adjustable, but it may not need adjusting though, just better mags. I got one Pro mag 'cause it was cheap and I plan on chucking that thing. Got a 100rd Beta mag but I don't want to use that thing every time I pull it out of the safe. What mags can run reliably and where can I get them on the cheap?? (Relatively speaking)
Or is a Glock lower the way to go?? (I know it'd be dedicated 9mm but I think that's okay too, and that the bolt would need machining) Do the Colt's need adjusting or should it run fine, just with a better mag? I don't find a mag block that will run Glock mags.
Definitely love the build pics and the grips on both those pistols look like what I want to put on it. Hate the grip on it now. Thanks in advance!

Mr. Zombie Ninja,

From the research I did, C-Products at one time made/contracted magazines for Colt. They should run and function as well as original Colt magazines and are not too costly. Also the word on Pro-Mag 9mm (waffle) magazines; they are a waste of plastic. Get yourself a stash of c-products and call it done. They are sturdy steel, a bit heavy but solid. You are in my backyard and if you want to run some to see if they will work I have a spare magazine or two. :rolleyes:

Aim had a hell of a price on magazines! Sold out...:(
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCPAR9&name=C+Products+9mm+Colt+Style+Stainless+Steel+32rd+Mag&groupid=14

Oh yeah, your pinned block should be spot on and not move unless you push the roll pins out. If I was to use one of these for duty a pinned block is the only way to go IMO. Mr. Murphy is always alive and well on the field of battle.

Last edited:
Well I bought my 5" 9mm barrel, bolt, and 4" rails. My silencer isn't round so no tactical barrel recess :( . I decided on the CMMG 9mm lower. Appreciate all the info this served as my inspiration on the project.

What do you guys think about a stack of quarters in the buffer tube. Spring preload problems?? Just want to shorten up the bolt travel but the spikes spacer and buffer kit is $45. Compared to $1.75-2.50 in quarters it's a no brainier as long as there are no problems.

Back
Top Bottom