• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apply pie brandy

I made some today and I'm still a little drunk off of it. I made it last year but this batch is so much better. Even the wife will drink it! I made a couple of gallons and saved some for the kids before adding the alcohol. Not to mention the house still smells great 12hrs later.
1 gal apple juice. not from concentrate
1 gal dark apple cider. not from concentrate
3 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
6 chopped granny smith apples
8 sticks cinnamon
1 750ml bottle of everclear
bring to boil and simmer for 4-5hrs
let cool and add everclear before bottling
I used cheese cloth to separate solids.

Best when slightly warm. Enjoy
make mine a double!

I made some this past Sunday for Thanksgiving. Sold half of it to the guys at work to lessen my cost on the ingredients. I don't need 9 quarts of it. I may make more later. It sure is good though

I did this recipe below, early this year and was a huge hit at family gatherings. I used the kitchen Ninja to make the apples into a chunky applesauce. This way I could pour the entire batch into a gallon glass jug. I also used powdered cinnamon in place of the sticks and also left out the cloves. At the last family gathering we had, the jug got brought out and poured small shots for the ladies. After the jug was gone, I got 10 orders for Christmas! Got to get busy!

Ingredients
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 2 cups water
  • 4 pounds apples, sliced
  • 1 liter brandy (I used Christian Brothers brandy. It's like $10 a bottle)
  • 3 whole cloves
  • 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
  • Additional whole cloves and cinnamon sticks
Directions
  • 1. Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
  • 2. Place apples in a large glass or plastic container; add the sugar mixture, brandy, cloves and cinnamon stick. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least two weeks, stirring once a week.
  • 3. Strain brandy mixture; discard apples and spices. Pour into glass bottles. Place an additional three cloves and one cinnamon stick in each bottle. Yield: 2 quarts.

I plan to start a batch when I get home but u have to ask some questions on the cooking process. Do you cover the pot during cooking to reduce evaporation or leave the top off? Also do you bring it to a boil and back it off just a tad or let it boil for the full 4-5 hours?

I plan to start a batch when I get home but u have to ask some questions on the cooking process. Do you cover the pot during cooking to reduce evaporation or leave the top off? Also do you bring it to a boil and back it off just a tad or let it boil for the full 4-5 hours?

Cover. Bring to boil and simmer until apples dissolve. Might need to add water in the end to make 8-9qts

Back
Top Bottom