• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
6   0
Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in general but here goes. I want to get into Appleseed and get my kid into it eventually. There are a few meets coming up close enough by in the fall.

I don't really have the proper rifle for it. I have an old Marlin 60 that has served me well since I was a teenager but it was retired a few years ago. My 22 rifle of choice now days is a Henry. I understand that changeable magazine rifles are preferred. I don't mind buying a new rifle for it ( or any other excuse to buy a new gun ) but I find I'm just not into semi auto 22s much any more. Would a magazine fed bolt action be ok? I could take my AK I guess but that seems kind of expensive and I would prefer to go with a 22 I think.

The kids usually do well with a stock 1022.
I doubt I will get my kids a 10/22 until much later. I learned how to shoot and hunt with a single shot. I feel like it made me pay attention and line up my shots better. I didn't get my Marlin 60 until I was a teenager. I thought I was a squirrel Slayer after hunting with a single shot for so long lol.

Me personally, i still prefer60 to the 10/22. There's just something about a rifle you can grab and hit the woods with a pocket of shells without having to worry with magazines.

Ruger American is a great bolt .22 and have very good magazines from 10-25 capacity. Also shares mags with the 10-22 if one is purchased in the future. Plus they are cheap guns

A form 1 .22 can on the front is also very quiet which will be good for their hearing or multiple squirrels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger American is a great bolt .22 and have very good magazines from 10-25 capacity. Also shares mags with the 10-22 if one is purchased in the future. Plus they are cheap guns

A form 1 .22 can on the front is also very quiet which will be good for their hearing or multiple squirrels

I didn't think about the American taking 10-22 mags that's a huge plus. Thanks for pointing that out.

From what I have read they are. Problem is using a 22 other than my Henry almost feels like adultery at this point lol.

I have a .22 golden boy and still shoot my American. Don’t be ashamed. They don’t make a bolt action equivalent, not your fault

Back
Top Bottom