• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anywhere in North metro area that still turns rotors?

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
502   0
Reaction score
I know the new world is all about throw it away and buy a new one, but I have a few sets of old rotors that are in great shape other than they have sat out for a long time and need to be turned. Anywhere around Marietta/Cartersville area that does this still?

I know the new world is all about throw it away and buy a new one, but I have a few sets of old rotors that are in great shape other than they have sat out for a long time and need to be turned. Anywhere around Marietta/Cartersville area that does this still?
Last time I priced turning rotors new ones were cheaper.

We have several places in Cartersville that turns them.
If I can find the nut for the main shaft on my lathe I will do it for you. I just need the one funny thread nut

Is there something special about turning rotors or is it just facing them off on both sides?
I turned my mini rotors to make them nice and smooth when I changed the brake pads and it seems to be fine. I just chucked them up square through the bore hole and faced them. I guess I could have youtubed it first but they seem to be working fine.

We have several places in Cartersville that turns them.
If I can find the nut for the main shaft on my lathe I will do it for you. I just need the one funny thread nut

Thanks brother. I found a place in Ballground a few days ago. $15 a piece and they look like new.

Is there something special about turning rotors or is it just facing them off on both sides?
I turned my mini rotors to make them nice and smooth when I changed the brake pads and it seems to be fine. I just chucked them up square through the bore hole and faced them. I guess I could have youtubed it first but they seem to be working fine.

That's about it as long as they aren't warped. These were just old and needed a facelift.

Thanks brother. I found a place in Ballground a few days ago. $15 a piece and they look like new.
I need to start advertising that Ill turn rotors. Ain't nothing to it, took me about 10 minutes a rotor.

Not really but if nobody does it. I'm sure there is a market for it. Like for classic cars and whatnot. I did mine because they'd have to be ordered from Japan and they were 139 before shipping. Shipping is about $75, so I just decided to learn about turning rotors.

Back
Top Bottom