• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone watching "Alone"?

Roland is the best ever IMO. Stuck a Musk Ox with a long bow THEN stalked it and stuck it with his knife several times. Thats freaking HARDCORE. LOL. Busted a 30lb porcupine over the head with a stick to top it off. I believe he could have made it a full year out there.

The two females on this season were Awesome as well. Very tough!

Yep, I'm always struck by 2 things.
1) The effort some of them put into getting certain shots and
2) The fact nobody has died. And I certainly don't want that but some of them put themselves in REALLY precarious situations. You aren't dialing for help if you fall off an icy cliff and die on impact.
I wonder if they are required to wear a GPS tracking device.....
I know they have those sat phones, which presumably are GPS trackable, that they can call from emergency assistance or call it quits on.

He seemed like a good dude and super intelligent. What has he been up to since he was on the show, hopefully getting paid to teach survival skills.
He bought some land WAY up in the north Georgia mountains near Blairsville. He mainly keeps to himself and raises goats and works his homestead. He has a book coming out with Chris Weatherman (aka Angery American) next month that deals with all aspects of survival and preparedness and he wrote the majority of the content on survival psychology. He is a low tech guy for sure. I transcribed all of his hand written notes in several notebooks onto a flash drive for him some time back. I would imagine a book all about his life experiences to be coming at some point. He has an awesome story to tell!

Just finished this last season (7).

I didn't think anyone would actually make it and would have lost money on that. I knew the one person I did not want to win would win. :mmph: But, it was deserved.

Every season I'm more and more impressed with those pioneers who forged the way. Tough hombres indeed.

Going back and watching season 6 now since we missed it last year.
Ya no ones here.

Back
Top Bottom