• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone watching "Alone"?

I saw season 1 and really liked it. Looks like I've got some catching up to do. OP, what's your favorite season?
Yikes, that's a hard one. I actually didn't care for the Vancouver Island ones (and was glad when they moved it) as it was simply who could hunker down and survive cold miserable rain the longest. At least since then, you get to see more ACTIVE survival skills being demonstrated. The one in Patagonia had some interesting characters.

I saw season 1 and really liked it. Looks like I've got some catching up to do. OP, what's your favorite season?

Started watching Season 7. When Callie blew a fist full of snot from her left nostril, I was hooked. Watched all previous shows. Tough ass woman that Callie.

Yep, I'm always struck by 2 things.
1) The effort some of them put into getting certain shots and
2) The fact nobody has died. And I certainly don't want that but some of them put themselves in REALLY precarious situations. You aren't dialing for help if you fall off an icy cliff and die on impact.
I wonder if they are required to wear a GPS tracking device.....
They had a GPS device they carried in season 1. Called it the yellow brick. Would notify if they stayed stationary for to long. Said it was able to send and receive text but had up to an 8 hour delay.

That hot steaming bowl of musk ox stomach contents is just not on my menu.
If you've ever had the misfortune of getting deer rumen on your hands, you KNOW that it had to smell worse than the bowels of hell. I told my wife "OK, I'm pretty sure that is the most disgusting thing anyone has ever eaten on this show."

Yikes, that's a hard one. I actually didn't care for the Vancouver Island ones (and was glad when they moved it) as it was simply who could hunker down and survive cold miserable rain the longest. At least since then, you get to see more ACTIVE survival skills being demonstrated. The one in Patagonia had some interesting characters.
Season 3 moving to Patagonia has been refreshing to watch. I may have burned out on another season in Vancouver, but am now hooked.

Back
Top Bottom