• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone use kratom as an analgesic?

I find it ironic that pain relief can be obtained from this as well as marijuana and the big pharma has an all out effort to keep it out of our hands, but to get legal pain pills that they produce, you have to be missing a limb.
I agree on the big pharma pain pill B.S. But what bothers me more about them is antidepressants. They've been handing out truckloads of Paxil,Prozac,Lexapro, Wellbutrin etc for a few decades now and for all kinds of non related problems. SSRI antidepressants really screw with your brain chemistry. They used to advertise Prozac as the " Happy Pill" which was complete bull****. Those pills don't make you happy they just make you indifferent. They make you just plain not give a ****. And when that happens things can go bad real quick.
If you study back over all the high profile violent crimes of the past two decades more often than not you will find antidepressants involved.

I agree on the big pharma pain pill B.S. But what bothers me more about them is antidepressants. They've been handing out truckloads of Paxil,Prozac,Lexapro, Wellbutrin etc for a few decades now and for all kinds of non related problems. SSRI antidepressants really screw with your brain chemistry. They used to advertise Prozac as the " Happy Pill" which was complete bull****. Those pills don't make you happy they just make you indifferent. They make you just plain not give a ****. And when that happens things can go bad real quick.
If you study back over all the high profile violent crimes of the past two decades more often than not you will find antidepressants involved.

A friend of mine's sister was on a medicine cabinet full of antidepressants, anti anxiety, anti whatever and was a miserable person. She started using a little THC now and then and quitting all of those needless chemicals and is a much happier person now. She was afraid of getting in trouble, so her and her husband moved to Colorado.

Good for her, but ridiculous that she had to uproot her life to get the relief that she needed from a natural growing weed.

A friend of mine's sister was on a medicine cabinet full of antidepressants, anti anxiety, anti whatever and was a miserable person. She started using a little THC now and then and quitting all of those needless chemicals and is a much happier person now. She was afraid of getting in trouble, so her and her husband moved to Colorado.

Good for her, but ridiculous that she had to uproot her life to get the relief that she needed from a natural growing weed.
That's very similar to a woman from Forsyth/ Monroe Co a few years ago. Her baby girl had severe seizures and the CBD oiled helped a lot. So she got in every GA politician's face that would meet with her. I think she may have had Casey Cagle in her side at one point. But GA is still run by blue haired Baptists that had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Sunday beer sales. So you can imagine how much of a battle medicinal weed will be in GA.

Very interesting thread, learning alot. Where does one buy this online? Sounds like a good pain med to have on hand when back pain rears its ugly head.

I think you'd be surprised how quickly opinions are changing, even among Baptist (I know, because I am one :rolleyes:).

I haven't crossed the recreational use bridge yet, but if it can help people with medical afflictions, I'm all for it.
Well if that's true it would be good. I'm not a pot smoker for a few reasons. Among those are because it's expensive and not easy to get. And the quality varies wildly. Then there's the legal jeopardy . But it's mostly because I don't like smoking anything. I hate that aftertaste that takes days to go away. Kinda like why I don't smoke cigars anymore.
But with all that being said I don't see how we can just outlaw a plant. It's a hearty plant that grows like kudzu or bamboo in other parts of the world. So to me it's not like narcotics that require several steps and other chemicals to refine.

Back
Top Bottom