Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use kratom as an analgesic?

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by palmettomoon, Sep 11, 2018.

1. letusbuyyourcar

letusbuyyourcar The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I agree on the big pharma pain pill B.S. But what bothers me more about them is antidepressants. They've been handing out truckloads of Paxil,Prozac,Lexapro, Wellbutrin etc for a few decades now and for all kinds of non related problems. SSRI antidepressants really screw with your brain chemistry. They used to advertise Prozac as the " Happy Pill" which was complete bull****. Those pills don't make you happy they just make you indifferent. They make you just plain not give a ****. And when that happens things can go bad real quick.
    If you study back over all the high profile violent crimes of the past two decades more often than not you will find antidepressants involved.

Omega, EMC45, jeep78 and 1 other person like this.
  2. troutman

troutman The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    A friend of mine's sister was on a medicine cabinet full of antidepressants, anti anxiety, anti whatever and was a miserable person. She started using a little THC now and then and quitting all of those needless chemicals and is a much happier person now. She was afraid of getting in trouble, so her and her husband moved to Colorado.

Good for her, but ridiculous that she had to uproot her life to get the relief that she needed from a natural growing weed.

3. letusbuyyourcar

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That's very similar to a woman from Forsyth/ Monroe Co a few years ago. Her baby girl had severe seizures and the CBD oiled helped a lot. So she got in every GA politician's face that would meet with her. I think she may have had Casey Cagle in her side at one point. But GA is still run by blue haired Baptists that had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Sunday beer sales. So you can imagine how much of a battle medicinal weed will be in GA.

Control for Smilers and troutman like this.
  4. Dogtown Darren

Dogtown Darren ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think you'd be surprised how quickly opinions are changing, even among Baptist (I know, because I am one :rolleyes:).

I haven't crossed the recreational use bridge yet, but if it can help people with medical afflictions, I'm all for it.

5. Shortcut

Shortcut The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Very interesting thread, learning alot. Where does one buy this online? Sounds like a good pain med to have on hand when back pain rears its ugly head.

6. jimipanic

jimipanic Bakemaster Flash ~per Augustatrader

Rating
    100%

Adult entertainment shops. Or gas stations.

Shortcut likes this.
  7. Redneck1919

Redneck1919 Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  8. jeep78

jeep78 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    ItBeMe and palmettomoon like this.
  9. jaf1

jaf1 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's no wonder heroin is so popular.

palmettomoon and jeep78 like this.
  10. letusbuyyourcar

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well if that's true it would be good. I'm not a pot smoker for a few reasons. Among those are because it's expensive and not easy to get. And the quality varies wildly. Then there's the legal jeopardy . But it's mostly because I don't like smoking anything. I hate that aftertaste that takes days to go away. Kinda like why I don't smoke cigars anymore.
    But with all that being said I don't see how we can just outlaw a plant. It's a hearty plant that grows like kudzu or bamboo in other parts of the world. So to me it's not like narcotics that require several steps and other chemicals to refine.

slacker1972 and palmettomoon like this.