• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone use kratom as an analgesic?

I haven't had any constipation and everything seems to be functioning fine the pain in my middle back could be coincidental. I'm going to continue taking it for now because it doesn't make you high or loopy but it does give some relief from that horrible shoulder pain.

In for info. I have terrible low back pain, but with the opioid issue, I can't get pain killers. I heard about this but couldn't pull the trigger.
Don't know you so I don't know if this applies but I had near chronic lower back pain. I lost about 40 pounds and started exercising to strengthen my core muscles and have been pain free for a year. I am 63, no spring chicken, so I don't know that age is a limiting factor. It is not an overnight fix.

Kratom has been around and useful in the far east for a long time. There are no major issues or side effects tied to it from my understanding. The Chinese have used it for eons.
I started using it a few years ago. Not everyday but about 3-4x a week now.
In small doses it works as a stmulant similar to caffeine. Larger doses it works as an analgesic.
As with anything “new” to the western world (popular), there are lots of rumors and b.s. associated with it.
Read the FACTS on it for yourself from trusted sources. (I have none to list at the moment. Sorry)

i've known several older relatives who have used it all with some varying forms of success for pain management, but one word of warning, dont get used to it. Back when i worked at a gas station in college there were already rumors of the feds banning it and it wouldnt surprise me if they did. after all, we cant have some random unregulated plants cutting into all of our opium money now can we???

Do not ix with alcohol or other opiods. Illegal in a hand full of countries. Causes addction and leads to withdrawl symptoms in long term users.

Can cause renal failure, but liver problems more prevelant.

FDA no like, but not illegal right now, kinda like bathsalts are legal.

I too, have cronic pain, but will wait till this is approved for sail OTC.

Do not ix with alcohol or other opiods. Illegal in a hand full of countries. Causes addction and leads to withdrawl symptoms in long term users.

Can cause renal failure, but liver problems more prevelant.

FDA no like, but not illegal right now, inda like bathsalts are legal.

I too, have cronic pain, but will wait till this is approved for sail OTC.

highly doubt we'll ever see that, but can hope

In for answers. I have used it for a few different reasons. I ordered whole leaves as well as the powder and found it to be unpalatable.
I used to have a high stress job and it seamed to relax me without getting a buzz or anything.

From what I have read, most of the bad side effects are from over use. Of course, the media only wants to report that psrt of it.

Back
Top Bottom