• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone take vitamins/multi vitamins?

A good multivitamin, super B-complex, 2000 mg of fish oil, 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (get the version with the "mother") daily are recommendations I give to all men I train especially if you're over 40. Most people are deficient in Vit D and Magnesium also so adding them in is a good idea. Go with Magnesium Citrate around 200 mg (the other versions will cause stomach issues). If you add these things in I guarantee your blood work looks better at your next annual physical even if don't do anything else for your health.

protein-power-times-two-1b.jpg
here are my main 2 multivitamins . :thumb:

Maybe you need to have lab work done to see if you are deficient in any vitamins, iron, etc.

Too much of some are bad and not enough of others are bad. Normally a good multi-vitamin is sufficient.

As I found out recently since men are not normally checked for Vitamin D, they should be. Mine was very low and I have no idea for how long since it was never checked before. I insisted on it on my last lab tests. Probably contributed to problems with my spine now.

Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for good health and you get it from sunshine, so need to take a supplement during winter and other seasons as well if you primarily work indoors.

I take a lot of vitamins and supplements and have for the past 35 years. Had to cut down last year as I am now on coumadin, a blood thinner, due to blood clots. All mentioned above sounds good, Coq10 is good, and Quercetin too. I take about 3 grams of C a day, water soluble, can't take too much. You might have diahrea at 6 to 8 grams per day.

All men could benefit from a good prostate supplement that contains pygeum, pumpkin seed oil and forgot the other, as they will help your prostate to be healthy and not enlarge so much. I had prostate cancer 15 years ago at age of 70 and mine wasn't enlarged. I had seed implants and follow up radiation. Enlarged prostate complicates things.

God has been great to me.

If anyone is interested below is a link to an online source for blood work. There are several services out there but I've personally used this one for years now with great results.

Very simple, secure process to get any lab work you want done at a fraction of the cost and it doesn't require your doctor. Basically, you just pick which tests you want to have run, pick the local lab closest to you to draw the samples, pay online and print off paper to take to the lab. The doctors that work for LabsMD order your tests so it's completely legal and legit. No appointment is needed at the lab. Just walk in, sign in and hand them your printed paperwork.

The lab will draw the needed samples and send them off. In about 3-7 days you get an email to a secure website to view/print you results. You can then take them to your doctor or interpret them yourself.

I do this myself about 3-4 times a year checking certain health markers in conjunction with my annual physical with my GP and his testing. I also require it from the physique athletes I coach to ensure they are within healthy parameters and in optimal ranges to make progress. You can't use your insurance but you can get reimbursed for the cost if you have a flexible spending account.

https://www.labsmd.com/index.php

Should have added that I eat two home made oat bran muffins and egg for breakfast and have for past 35 years -keeps cholesterol down around 100.

For the past 3 or so years they have two blood tests that supposedly will indicate if you are likely to develop blood clots - they work.

Back
Top Bottom