• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone Seen Bears in Hancock / Taliaferro Counties?

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
439   0
Reaction score
A buddy sent me several pictures of at least 2 different bears that he's taken over the past few weeks on one of his feed stations. He's in Taliaferro County a little off of Hwy 22 south of I-20. My place is not too far from him. I'm in Hancock County about a mile off of Hwy 22. This weekend I had a buddy helping me build a couple of stands and we ran across a pile of @#$% on one of my roads. He swore it was left by a bear. I have little reason to doubt him since he lives in the mountains and he's seen his fair share of bears (and I'm sure bear @#$% too). I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen any bears in this general area.

Was in Taliaferro this weekend working on stands and filling up feeders. No bears. But the 300 rounds of 223 my grandson and I poped off could have kept them away. LOL

Black Bears were in Hancock, down close to the Washington county line way back in the 1980's. Saw them down in the cutover pines off dirt road close to our old hunting club. The school bus driver, who picked up some young 'uns who lived way back in there, used to see them more than anyone as he travelled that route everyday. Nobody messed with them that I know of, & our old DNR game warden Sgt. John Bentley told us in no uncertain terms to "LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

Saw an eagle catch a rabbit in Hancock some years back..YES IT WAS AN EAGLE...I know the difference.

I saw a bald eagle last year over a good plot in Washington County.

Ive seen a black bear years ago in Warren County (close to Taliaferro) and trail cam pics of bears in Washington County.

Back
Top Bottom