• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone own an 2008 BOWTECH GUARDIAN. Draw wgt question

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I'll start off by telling you that BOWTECH has no clue what each turn of the limb screw will do. Actually told me I would have to take it to a shop to figure it out. The Tech at BOWTECH tried to tell me to back out the screws no more than 3 turns and that would be 60lbs. I know that's wrong because the screws were both backed out further than that when I started.
The manual on their website does not tell you either.

2008 BOWTECH GUARDIAN with 70lb peak draw weight. What does each turn of the limb screw equal?

Take it to the nearest bow smith and/or check it yourself. You can buy your own draw scale from Cabelas or Bass Pro. You may need a new string if the draw weight vs flight speed are inconsistent. Consistency in draw weight, flight speed, and draw length makes all the difference in point and hit accuracy ratio much more than limb tension, unless one or more limb is fouled with a crack or other fault.

Good luck with the art!

Found a solution. Wally World sells a luggage scale that measures in pounds and ounces up to 88lbs. This works perfectly for a bow scale and costs $15.00

Back
Top Bottom