• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anyone know anywhere to hunt coyotes in georgia?

If you do find somewhere to hunt at night, it is advisable to do (2) things:

Call the local DNR AGENT, and report where you are hunting in case some one hears your shooting he will be aware of what is going on.

Then call the local authorities and report your night hunting, and the name of the local DNR, agent you have reported your hunting
activity to

This helps, makes the local authorities, and DNR, to rest a little a easier when someone reports shooting activity in the area.

just a simple suggestion that has worked well...

Good advice, thank you sir.

Anyone hear of using golf balls to control their population? I had a chicken farmer over near the AL border tell me one time that he soaks golf balls in a pale with bacon grease and then throws them in the field; sd the yotes would eat them and then get stuck in their throat and die that way...seems cruel, but hey...better than eating your chickens I guess...

Anyone hear of using golf balls to control their population? I had a chicken farmer over near the AL border tell me one time that he soaks golf balls in a pale with bacon grease and then throws them in the field; sd the yotes would eat them and then get stuck in their throat and die that way...seems cruel, but hey...better than eating your chickens I guess...
dang thats awesome lmao

No I've never heard of that and have no idea if it works but please don't do that. Trap them or shoot them. Nothing animal, no matter how despised, should be tortured to death. And I despise coyotes.

I thought the same, but I guess we'll see. I'll post that email when he responds.
Not sure why he's doing that. It's 100% legal on private land. 24/7/365, any weapon (local discharge ordinances obviously apply).

What we already knew:

It is legal on private property.

Lt. Judd Smith

Department of Natural Resources

Law Enforcement Division

2065 US Hwy 278, SE

Social Circle, GA 30025

Office (770) 918-6414

Fax (706) 557-3041

Lt.Judd.Smith@dnr.state.ga.us

C:\Users\RPETRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

“Serving Georgia since 1911”