• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone into RC vehicles?

Beulah Land

Default rank <3000 posts
An old song for an old soul
144   0
Reaction score
Can’t remember a time when I didn’t enjoy some type of RC car/truck/plane/quadcopter. I’ve had everything from Walmart awesomeness to a traxxas nitro 4-Tec and jato 3.3, only to later find the insanity that is traxxas brushless motors with Lipo batteries. Currently have the traxxas maxx (the x-maxx shall be mine one day lol) and it’s a blast, although I might have liked the stampede vxl I used to have a little better overall. Had countless cheaper quadcopters and planes too and currently have a XK K110(small heli)that needs a new transmitter. Anyone else? Surely I can’t be the only big kid on here lol.

Used to be long ago. Was into nitro cars mostly. My favorites were the Losi 1/8 monster truck and the Jammin 1/10 truggy. Lots of fun, especially on an actual track. Those things took a beating and just kept going.

Also flew 3d electric planes for a while. The planes and radios got really expensive really fast. Had a neat Yak and Edge that I got pretty good with. Lost interest eventually. Fun hobby, especially if you have kids and the time (and the space).

Yea I’ve been letting my nephew drive my maxx lately and now he wants an RC truck bad. He doesn’t understand he just jumped straight to hobby grade and you can’t just go get one of those, or at least not me lol. I’ll probably pick him up a cheaper Arma or traxxas slash. I usually just stick with traxxas because the part availability from my local store. When I was a kid I used to think the Ricochet car I had was awesome(it actually was, it was tough).

Yea I’ve been letting my nephew drive my maxx lately and now he wants an RC truck bad. He doesn’t understand he just jumped straight to hobby grade and you can’t just go get one of those, or at least not me lol. I’ll probably pick him up a cheaper Arma or traxxas slash. I usually just stick with traxxas because the part availability from my local store.

From what I recall the HPI trucks were pretty much bulletproof and best bang for the buck.

Grew up flying planes and boats. Yes thats right. Had a big boy air boat with a .60 Enya and 2 lbs of lead in the nose. It still took off airborne. Ive still got two planes. One top wing trainer and a mid wing junker. Keeping them around for my boy when he gets old enough.

I have a traxxas slash 4wd that is built with pretty much everything you can do to one. The mamba monster x 1/8th scale drive system is an absolute beast. Can drive all day on 3s and not even get warm. Or go 80+mph on 6s.
I also have a deift/onroad car, but I forget what model it is

I've built, driven, flown just about every type of RC vehicle out there. My favorites were some large planes and helis. I also enjoyed taking the HPI Savage and converting them to brushless power. Nothing like the nitro powered trucks. Brushless electric is instant torque which means some insane wheelies even with the big 4x4s.
DSCN0946.JPG

Lately, I've been building a few for a client. 1/16 M1A2 last month. Next month is a 1/14 Volvo tow truck that's 30 inches long. The guy buys a lot of toys. I'm going to try to talk him into building a plane. He really needs a turbine.

DSCN2669.JPG

zTamiya-Volvo-FH16-Globetrotter-750-8x4-Tow-Truck-2.jpg

I’ve never flown anything too serious in terms of flying, just a brushless quadcopter that didn’t do acrobatics and all kinds of “toy grade” quadcopters and helis which are still a blast. I also have a XK X110 right now which is a 3D flying small heli but it needs a transmitter replaced. Got the traxxas Maxx truck right now which is up for sale on this site. I love pretty much anything RC lol.

Back
Top Bottom