Anyone into airbag suspension?

Sounds like you need to look at the load helper airbags for pickup truck leaf springs

This vehicle weighs about what 5 pickups weighs. The ones Leatherhead found should work out though. These are going between the frame rail and the top of the leaf spring pack. It's for the truck in my avatar. I'm going to pull a few leafs out of the pack as well. The bags are to make up for the reduced capacity and allow to adjust the ride firmness on the fly.

Ahh ok

Didn't know you were working on making a duece and a half into a low rider

You're not gonna do metal flake paint and the fringe around the windows I hope

The truck started life as a 5 ton M931. I was just going to uplift it to a M931A1 spec, but I went all crazy and decided I wanted something like a HEMTT. The bags aren't to lower the height any more than it currently sets. It's just to possibly add 1-2" of lift up front, but the main thing is to allow me to adjust the ride on the fly.

The truck started life as a 5 ton M931. I was just going to uplift it to a M931A1 spec, but I went all crazy and decided I wanted something like a HEMTT. The bags aren't to lower the height any more than it currently sets. It's just to possibly add 1-2" of lift up front, but the main thing is to allow me to adjust the ride on the fly.

Gotcha
All the 18 wheelers have bags but the diameter is too much

Also in my 18 they were controlled by a arm on the axle but if that arm got bent it didn't take much ride height change to get bad vibes in the driveshaft

They all have a dump valve in the cab and I modified mine
So I could inflate them to the max to get a couple inches more ground Clearance

Gotcha
All the 18 wheelers have bags but the diameter is too much

Also in my 18 they were controlled by a arm on the axle but if that arm got bent it didn't take much ride height change to get bad vibes in the driveshaft

Yup, that's why I'm just wanting to pull a leaf or two and add the bag in to "fine tune" it. I thought about replacing the entire front suspension with a complete airbag system. But most of them would also cause interference issues with the front axle drive. Taking leafs out and using a smaller bag to "tune" it seems to be the best compromise all around.

Back
Top Bottom