• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone interested in a group buy for lead for reloading

if you want good bullet lead go over to https://maycoindustries.com/ammunition/bullet-alloys/. i just went over to b'ham last week and got 800 pounds of 2/6 bullet lead (2% tin/6% antimony/92% lead) for $2.16 a pound. comes in a tri-bar. they had it wrapped on a small pallet. back up the truck and they placed it in the bed. you can get smaller amounts. better than dealing with wheel weights. clean lead, no fluxing, real to use. you can do the order and pay over the phone.

I want to have at most 40 people just gets too complicated with more than that .I know that is a bunch of lead but we gotta hurry they could ban lead forever with a stroke of a pen .I have about 8 people so far .I hope I can get hold of them about it early next week .I will post it when I find out .I would rather have just 20 trucks to get the lead if possible they will get pissed if we take 40 trucks in there .Then we could split it up again .I think we need to start group buys on here .It greatly reduced the cost .

I want to have at most 40 people just gets too complicated with more than that .I know that is a bunch of lead but we gotta hurry they could ban lead forever with a stroke of a pen .I have about 8 people so far .I hope I can get hold of them about it early next week .I will post it when I find out .I would rather have just 20 trucks to get the lead if possible they will get pissed if we take 40 trucks in there .Then we could split it up again .I think we need to start group buys on here .It greatly reduced the cost .
Who/where is they ? Have you already secured a supply ?
How much per pound ? I am interested maybe. At least 1,000 # - or a ton.
Deets .... we need details.

If "they" ban lead, how are you going to legally use it?

Shhhh !! Dont tell them. :rolleyes:
Lol.
Really, it would take a while before it would get to the point where they will search you for lead. It will just dwindle away. Thats why we wanna get it while we can.

You guys are on the right track. I wish it was easier for the younger shooters that are casting these days to get the lead they need for free. Even when I started the competition was fierce for free lead. There are a lot of guys casting lead for fishing lures and jigs etc. Midway has linotype in stock from time to time. Linotype makes great bullets too !

Back
Top Bottom