• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here take Potassium supplements?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Ive had chronic muscle problems for the last 5-6 years. I was taking a pill form but its only a small amount of the recommended daily amount. Im considering taking the liquid form. Got a doctors appointment next week and Im going to run it by him while Im there. Just curious how many here have used it and gotten relief from muscle pains.

My dr has me on magnesium for muscle spasms, no experience with potassium but I do know from handling my wifes medications that too much is bad for your kidneys.

My BP meds causes K+ to drop down to levels most consider dangerously low, I take a supplement of Potassium- 2 capsules of 95mg K+ but you have to consult your doctor, that may be too much or too little, depends on your body, kidney function, etc. Too much is dangerous too. I buy mine online because the prescription one is so expensive by comparison. I'll update with a link where I order mine which includes cash back rebate.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=282620
Go to this link, once there it's free to join Mr. Rebates, then find Vitacost link from all the stores offered within Mr. Rebates website. Vitacost is 5% cash back. My wife and I have used Vitacost for years, everything shipped to your door and no shipping if you spend over $50 per order. We order several different supplements including the Potassium Chloride supplement which is what I take. We usually order several bottles along with other supplements to make our order go over $50 for the free shipping. Good luck and be sure to consult your Doctor.

Are you taking a statin?
No. Im 34 and very healthy according to all the doctors Ive seen. Not taking any meds aside from vitamins.
My dr has me on magnesium for muscle spasms, no experience with potassium but I do know from handling my wifes medications that too much is bad for your kidneys.
Ive been taking Calm Mag for years. And for a good while I was taking mag pills in addition until I couldnt stay out of the bathroom. So now Im on to potassium with my fingers crossed.

No. Im 34 and very healthy according to all the doctors Ive seen. Not taking any meds aside from vitamins.

Ive been taking Calm Mag for years. And for a good while I was taking mag pills in addition until I couldnt stay out of the bathroom. So now Im on to potassium with my fingers crossed.
Sounds good. I was going to warn you about potential pains caused by statins. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom