• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

Late to the party.

I have consistently beat the S&P 500 for 30 years. It's not that hard to do.

What it requires is discipline and not reading the newspapers.

You can read the posts in this thread to see that most people don't have the patience or discipline to successfully invest in this conservative manner.

Fund managers don't surpass the S&P because they are judge by surpassing the S&P, but by HOW MUCH they surpass the S&P. Also their compensation is based on trading, not making good investments with good dividends, and letting nature take its course.

Basically, the Warren Buffet approach, which does not meet the psychological expectations of most investors.

Late to the party.

I have consistently beat the S&P 500 for 30 years. It's not that hard to do.

What it requires is discipline and not reading the newspapers.

You can read the posts in this thread to see that most people don't have the patience or discipline to successfully invest in this conservative manner.

Fund managers don't surpass the S&P because they are judge by surpassing the S&P, but by HOW MUCH they surpass the S&P. Also their compensation is based on trading, not making good investments with good dividends, and letting nature take its course.

Basically, the Warren Buffet approach, which does not meet the psychological expectations of most investors.

I am definitely not wired for success in stock investing. When I actively managed my account, I drove myself crazy. If it went down I wanted to understand why and it made me uneasy. Even when a stock went up it made me uneasy if I couldn’t figure out a reason why. I had read a couple dozen books on investing. Didn’t matter. I kept agonizing over everything. Turns out I could be a lot more emotional than I had thought.

For some reason mutual funds in retirement accounts don’t phase me at all with their ups and downs like the active stock picking did.

Yes -follow the market everyday and trade a little. Seeking Alpha dividend investor. Recent purchase Lazard LAZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom