• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Without going to a broker how do you buy stock? Say I wanted to buy $1000 worth of Ruger stock what do I do? What company do I go with? Is it like opening a checking account where you transfer money in and then pick what you want to buy and how much?

You will need to go to a broker either in person or online. I have used Wells Fargo in person and TD Ameritrade online. It works much like you described if you use a discount online broker.

Yeah, kind of like opening a checking account and you pull from that money deposited. I use Fidelity, $7.95 a trade. I think they have a special that you get no fees on your 1st transaction, upto so many shares. I use the app and desktop to do all my trades. Pretty easy to use.

Stocks? Hellz Yeah, I just bought some for the wife.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, kind of like opening a checking account and you pull from that money deposited. I use Fidelity, $7.95 a trade. I think they have a special that you get no fees on your 1st transaction, upto so many shares. I use the app and desktop to do all my trades. Pretty easy to use.

Fidelity handles my 401k. It might be easier to use them. I'll have to check out everyones fees.

At these levels? Are you kidding me? Stocks are more overvalued now than any time in history. For example, the S&P has risen 75% since 1.1.12. In that same time frame, S&P earnings have risen 2%. Do yourself a favor and buy physical PMs, while they are still beaten down.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when the DOW was at 17,500. Been sitting on the sidelines since then like an idiot.

At these levels? Are you kidding me? Stocks are more overvalued now than any time in history. For example, the S&P has risen 75% since 1.1.12. In that same time frame, S&P earnings have risen 2%. Do yourself a favor and buy physical PMs, while they are still beaten down.

What are PMs?

Back
Top Bottom