• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here a real estate agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an area you are looking, I would recommend a local realtor. Realtors that don’t know that market sometimes give bad advice.

If you have an area you are looking, I would recommend a local realtor. Realtors that don’t know that market sometimes give bad advice.

Being tied into a specific local market has become less and less important with our advanced technology making more and more information commonly available. Just another example of technology changing yet another industry.

Being tied into a specific local market has become less and less important with our advanced technology making more and more information commonly available. Just another example of technology changing yet another industry.
True, technology has enabled a homebuyer to locate and view homes and learn more about each area, but that’s not all that real estate agents are there for. Honestly, besides negotiation, which I’ve learned that the average person isn’t all that great at, an agent really earns their keep is during the escrow process. Once the perfect home is found ....offer, acceptance , contract, organizing inspections, due diligence, removing contingencies, closing process. These are things that an experienced and seasoned agent can really offer their clients. Yes, there are technologies that have tried/are trying to do these duties. And so far, they have been mediocre at best, dangerous to you legal wise at worst.

True, technology has enabled a homebuyer to locate and view homes and learn more about each area, but that’s not all that real estate agents are there for. Honestly, besides negotiation, which I’ve learned that the average person isn’t all that great at, an agent really earns their keep is during the escrow process. Once the perfect home is found ....offer, acceptance , contract, organizing inspections, due diligence, removing contingencies, closing process. These are things that an experienced and seasoned agent can really offer their clients. Yes, there are technologies that have tried/are trying to do these duties. And so far, they have been mediocre at best, dangerous to you legal wise at worst.

I wasn't saying technology replaces the need for agents. My point was that an agent being tied into a narrow, specific local market is no longer as necessary as it used to be to effectively serve a client due to the availability of information to agents. Used to be, as an agent, you really had to be tied into a local market to be effective. Just not so anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom