• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have experience suing Georgia Power in small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you do that?

I'll likely have to hire a contractor to fix the yard where a Georgia Power contractor dug this week. The 'repair' they made the next day was laughable in the extreme. Even the GA Power landscaping contractor that came by yesterday to see if he could fix the mess said it (the repair) was ludicrous. There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency on the part of Georgia Power to fix the yard and I am sure as hell not going to fix it. I'm not working now and don't plan to until some time next calendar year, so I have plenty of time to prepare a case (I have video of the damage being done, the laughable repairs, etc., dates, times, names, etc.) and file in magistrate court. I'm curious to know who else may have had to something similar if this is possible? I'll pay a contractor to clean up the mess and re-sod the yard that's damaged and then sue in small claims if the amount is less than $5-7,000.
Georgia Power operates as a public utility under "color of law", and who make the decisions that violate your constitutional rights and lead to your loss or damage (including the board of directors), can be sued under title 42 section 1983 USC where by their liability is personal and GP cannot pay for their individual defenses. It is a wake-up call that works. You do not have to file a suit, simply state your complaint and threaten to file if your demands are not met. Here is a how-to book....

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Threats-Sound-Lawyer-Rights/dp/0892560150

Sorry I couldn’t read through the whole thread moon, but they are regulated by the public service commission and understand that that is a better way to go to make amends. My power comes from an EMC and are unregulated so I got a good screwing. good luck

Can you do that?

I'll likely have to hire a contractor to fix the yard where a Georgia Power contractor dug this week. The 'repair' they made the next day was laughable in the extreme. Even the GA Power landscaping contractor that came by yesterday to see if he could fix the mess said it (the repair) was ludicrous. There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency on the part of Georgia Power to fix the yard and I am sure as hell not going to fix it. I'm not working now and don't plan to until some time next calendar year, so I have plenty of time to prepare a case (I have video of the damage being done, the laughable repairs, etc., dates, times, names, etc.) and file in magistrate court. I'm curious to know who else may have had to something similar if this is possible? I'll pay a contractor to clean up the mess and re-sod the yard that's damaged and then sue in small claims if the amount is less than $5-7,000.
Picture or it didn't happen.

Holy **** I just seen a ghost. Lol
giphy (11).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom