• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a ‘reasonably’ priced Machine Gun they want to liquidate?

I was referring to someone comparing stocks vs tangible assets. While purchasing a stock does bring in money, I can't physically touch the stock or assert any control of the company. But my MG I can fondle, play with, & enjoy while creating wealth/profit.

Oh, I was thinking real estate

I paid $67 for my Powder Springs MAC 10 over 40 years ago. The $200 tax stamp almost made me change my mind about buying it. I believe it took about 8 months to get the paperwork. It was a good investment.

I paid $350 for my 83 one. Sold it and made some money, but man that's probably in my top ten of life regrets.

Compare a machine gun to a boat or motorcycle. Unless you get something small they cost the same as a machine gun. Boats and motorcycles go down in value and machine guns, unless they change a law, will keep going up in value. I’ve known several people with boats or motorcycles claim they’d like a machine gun but couldn’t afford it. Machine gun take up less space, cheaper to maintain and you can use all year round. Basically you can’t afford not to buy one

I've been thinking about a boat. Guess I'll keep investing in NFA. The sure gamble!!

Compare a machine gun to a boat or motorcycle. Unless you get something small they cost the same as a machine gun. Boats and motorcycles go down in value and machine guns, unless they change a law, will keep going up in value. I’ve known several people with boats or motorcycles claim they’d like a machine gun but couldn’t afford it. Machine gun take up less space, cheaper to maintain and you can use all year round. Basically you can’t afford not to buy one

Completely agree. I actually like the Max 11sk with the folding stock and the cfm heavy bolt. Sounds great suppressed.

The nice thing about the M11/9 is you can do so much with them. I made an Uzi upper for mine. Thinking about doing a pps43 upper since I've got a spare kit laying around. Also toyed with the idea of making a mg42 upper but the m53 kits went up in value way to much. View attachment 3786716
Would love to see pics once you try some of those.

Investments are funny things. MG’s are a combo of investment / hobby / legacy- I enjoy them, they gain value and it is something I can do with my family and eventually leave to the right family member, who will do the same with the next generation. Kind of like land...
Other hobbies equipment generally don’t appreciate in value - kayaking, golf, tennis - as an example.
To each their own, but shooting with my family is priceless.

I LOL at some of the claims on this thread that a machinegun doesn’t cost or loose money like a boat or motorcycle.

I guarandarntee you’ll prolly spend more money on ammo over time than you will for the machine gun itself
That would compare the cost of gas / maintenance / storage fees, not the cost of the item. Some people invest in cars and take them to car shows. Some of them appreciate. Again, to each their own, but most boats and motorcycles that are used often do not appreciate like any MG.

I LOL at some of the claims on this thread that a machinegun doesn’t cost or loose money like a boat or motorcycle.

I guarandarntee you’ll prolly spend more money on ammo over time than you will for the machine gun itself

I say again, at current machine gun prices, I’ll stick with real estate :pound:

<~~~~~~~ burned 30k + rounds of 5.56 in a year with a M16.

Would love to see pics once you try some of those.
Not gonna do the mg42 since kits are so expensive plus I've already got a 42, well technically a m53.

Pps43 I might do if I can find a decent priced 16 inch Mac 11/9 barrel to then butcher to the correct length for the pps 43 shroud. Hard to spend anything more than 100 bucks or so on these dumb ideas.

I made the macuzi as there seemed to be some interested in people wanting them but the availability of Uzi front ends I think killed that along with people saying they want something but not actually wanting to spend money on said thing.

Back
Top Bottom