• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone from or k ow a lot about the greater Asheville, Nc area

Great area, real Nice and polite area. But I wouldn’t want to live there.

Lots of concerts and parting bars in the area.

I spent a lot of my early life in Black Mountain, Montreat, Ashville area. I dont live there now because of that time.

I have friends in Marion which is about 20 to 30 minutes past Asheville and it is nice.
I do not care for Asheville anymore personally I think it was way better 10 years ago than it is today.
Don't get me wrong there are things to do but there are way to many liberal hippies there for me.

Unless you just have to live in Asheville, my personal preference would be around Boone, home of Appalachian State Unv.

Basically the same vibe, but cost of living is much less, and you are really in the mountains, which you are sort of in Asheville,

Really good fishing, hunting in the area.

Unless you just have to live in Asheville, my personal preference would be around Boone, home of Appalachian State Unv.

Basically the same vibe, but cost of living is much less, and you are really in the mountains, which you are sort of in Asheville,

Really good fishing, hunting in the area.
How far is Boone from Asheville? I am not looking to live in “Asheville” I am looking to live outside of the city where I can afford a little land and a house. I have an 8&5ur old so school is the close to the biggest thing. Is anyone familiar with which school is good and is very diverse? Based on one person I talked to I would be living out in the county. I am taking the kids up there this fall break this weekend, so I should have asked these questions earlier. You know you want to buy my .50cal rifle and ammo as well . Thanks for any help as to which area has good schools and affordable land for a mini farm. Thanks you all ya’lls help I really appreciate it, and I want to move to a mountain area with clean water, land, the has diverse schools, and good gun laws

I have lived in Asheville several times. Never had a problem with going out in the country and shooting guns, rifles or handguns. Just use common sense and don’t shoot someone’s cow. With all is popularity it has grown and people from Florida and California have moved in and home prices have risen. I would recommend Weaverville a ten minute ride away first, but that is where the money is going. Marshall and Mars Hill are just up the road. Barnardsville is the best secret in the world. Just a little further out look south of Canton in Bethel or Cruso which is a 15 miles away but it’s a long 15 miles. If I could I would move back there tomorrow. If none of those places work out look at Brevard.

There's always Ellijay or Blue Ridge. Blue Ridge is very diverse. It's even got a authentic Irish pub, the best place in town to get a dram of Scotch, Irish or American distilled malt beverages. The plus side is not having to deal with new gun laws or taxes. Welcome home.

Back
Top Bottom