• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone fish the Etowah in Downtown Canton?

Anyone fish the Etowah in Downtown Canton? Right there off of Waleska and Reformation?

Looked awesome.

Any Fish in there? LOL

Prob can't see it now due to water conditions, but in the summer you can see an old indian stone fish weir right there. I read an article on it years ago. (Just south of the bridge and to the left of the sandbar). It seems like more people catch fish a little further south at the Hwy 5 bridge near Cherokee HS. A lot of rock in the area. Park at the American legion fields or Boling Park.

upload_2021-4-18_9-54-0.png

Prob can't see it now due to water conditions, but in the summer you can see an old indian stone fish weir right there. I read an article on it years ago. (Just south of the bridge and to the left of the sandbar). It seems like more people catch fish a little further south at the Hwy 5 bridge near Cherokee HS. A lot of rock in the area. Park at the American legion fields or Boling Park.

View attachment 3223679
Fish weir.....really cool thought. Makes sense someone would fix it so they could fish like the bears do naturally!

I know all the pictures I've seen of bears nabbing fish (and not the leaping salmon) were at natural rock weirs where the water depth was minimal and they could see the fish better... just slap a paw/claws in the water and sling the fish off to dry land...

Yep. They figure that out for sure.

I live right in that area in canton. River is in my back yard.
I grew up camping and swimming in the Indian fish traps in cartersville. Found some pre etowah Indian pottery, knife, arrow heads that are in the museum now when I was 12-13yo.

Back
Top Bottom