• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever raccoon hunted????

Natosha Jacobs

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I think hunting at night would be a really interesting/adventurous experience. I just saw something on a hunting channel where they used dogs to chase them up a tree and then shoot. I am more interested in maybe going out with low lights, then powerful lights and taking them that way. They are all over our club and are eating all of the dog's food and harassing them! I was wondering what kind of setup you would need. Nightvision? What caliber? How to hunt without dogs? Any advice/experience would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!

giphy (9).gif

I think hunting at night would be a really interesting/adventurous experience. I just saw something on a hunting channel where they used dogs to chase them up a tree and then shoot. I am more interested in maybe going out with low lights, then powerful lights and taking them that way. They are all over our club and are eating all of the dog's food and harassing them! I was wondering what kind of setup you would need. Nightvision? What caliber? How to hunt without dogs? Any advice/experience would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!
Hunted a lot when I was younger. My grandfather loved to coon hunt. He also trapped a lot of coons. If you are not going to use dogs my advice would be to invest in a couple dozen live traps.

Lord help, a lot of my childhood was spent at night listening to the dogs trail and then tree!!! Going to the dogs across the woods at night, getting in bed about 2:00/3:00 in the am, then having mom or grand drag me out of bed for breakfast. If I could only do it again with my dad papa, brothers.......

If you ain’t got a good dog, best stay home. If you have a good dog, or go with someone with a good dog, it’s a lot of fun watching and listening to the dog work and earn his, or her prize.

Back
Top Bottom