Anyone ever dealt with Iritis or Uveitis

tlw1179

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
It is An inflammation of the middle layer of the eye (uvea) =Uveitis
Mine is an inflammation of the iris (anterior uveitis)=Iritis
Symptoms include redness, pain, light sensitivity, blurred vision, and dark floating spots in the field of vision.
I’m on my second month of battling this crap, and I’m left with blurred vision in left eye
Went from perfect vision couple of months ago to just ordered glasses so I could see better

commonly caused by underlying conditions.. mine ended up being inflammation from arthritis

No and hope I never do. Sounds horrible. The onset of eye issues makes us realize how much we take good vision health for granted. After crossing that 55 mark I gradually found myself dealing with glaucoma and macular degeneration. Hopefully you can recover soon. Two months is a long time to battle eye problems with those complications.

I have a flare up every other month or so. What started it is I had caught a chunk of metal in the eye from work and didn’t know it till a month later and it caused more problems than what it’s worth. Went to the er, they told me I had pink eye... went on vacation and kept getting worse and I got back home a week later, went to the dr and she pulled a piece of metal out so big you could see it without the microscope. Said if I would’ve waited another week or two I could’ve went blind in that eye. You wanna talk about a pissed conversation with that ER...

I can’t remember the name of the drops I’m prescribed but man they help a lot when it flares up.

I’ve had it twice. The second time I called my ophthalmologist on the weekend hoping they had Saturday hours and he called me back ten minutes later and told him to meet me at his office as it was an emergency. He treated me with drops and medication and it fixed it quickly. He said it was very concerning that it was the second time I had it as it’s very rare. I had to get tested to find out the root cause…turned out it was arthritis related. He warned me not to put off getting treated if it occurs again because it can cause irreversible damage to your vision.
Take it seriously and get treatment.

My wife had it, turned out it was caused by her severe gluten allergy. Gluten allergies can also cause arthritis. The tests you doctor will do are worthless, they test for 2 proteins out of over 2,000. Google the Gluten Free Society to find a test that will give you the real results. It is estimated that over 30% of the population has gluten problems, and can be the cause of over 300 diseases.

Back
Top Bottom