• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever build a M14 Clone?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Anyone done this?

Seems like it's getting a little easier with there being some new sources for parts - e.g. Bula forge.

What receiver did you use?

What parts?

What Barrel?

Who put it together?

How does she shoot?

Here's mine....HRA/Enterprise..

m14full.jpg

images

I seriously considered it once but there was such a good supply of nice ones available that i bought one instead. Was very fortunate to get exactly what i wanted from the get-go.

If i would have stuck with it, i planned to use a springfield receiver and all usgi parts.

I've got a love/hate relationship with the M14, having had 5 of them. Then I find myself not really doing anything with it and moving it for something else that catches my eye. Speaking of collecting philosophy from another thread, these days I'm looking at things more from a perspective of "get what you can before it's banned" and hopefully having something I can pass on down to my kids, so now I don't get rid of anything.

This is what I currently have. It's a Blackhawk Down Randy Shughart special, built by Hook Boutin using a Springfield M1A receiver and mostly USGI parts. All GI parts have the NM mods done to them by Hook (where applicable), with the exception of the unitized gas assembly (Springfield Inc), Op Rod Spring Guide (Brookfield Precision) and Piston (Sadlak). The scope mount is a Brookfield Precision and the optic is an Aimpoint 5000.

47457822901_695c5b320f_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom