• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else wake up this morning and notice...

I think a Glock semi carrying 19s and 34s jackknifed on HWY 20 east and some of our ODT comrades were there to take advantage of the special deal :) No ODs though... sad face...

Its the ebb and flow of a site such as this. Things will come in waves and the flavor or the week will change.

EXACTLY-

I have noticed that people follow some strange trends. Everyone has to have this, then it ain't no good no more, and everyone has to have that, etc.

-Just look at the sidearms LEOs have gone thru:
Best I can recall:
-1978-Dirty Harry .357 revolver
-1983- Magnum P.I. 1911
-1990- S&W 5*** series 9mm (or 10mm-remember?-Funny how similar that is to a modern .40 cal.)
-1994- Glock 9mm
-2006? -Sig .40cal

and so forth and so on... I can even remember when people thought 9mm was cool. .40 cal didn't exist. Great marketing is responsible. Having the "latest and greatest" makes some manufacturers one hell of a lot of money. (My 20 yr ol 9 works just fine.) (So does my 40 yr old .38)

-I just need to figure out what the heck the next trend is, and get on board early. Problem is: None of them make the least amount of sense to me.

(Sometimes these trends work in my favor though- That nice $30 AR mag of a few years back can now be had for less than $10, whilst the plastic "trash" mags that people used to laugh at are fetching the big bucks.) I am currently replenishing my stock of "garbage" metal AR mags-which my gun seems pretty satisfied with-for cheap!

Last edited:
If they were a deal i would get one of them, sadley i can go buy one on letterhead NEW, cheaper then I can get a used one for on here

i bought one a couple of weeks ago and just dont care for it, i bought it due to all the hype about this gun. so now i want to trade it.

Back
Top Bottom