• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else in the Freight Business?

Edog537

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
110   0
Reaction score
At any capacity? I started on the dock and now I am an account executive. I have business coming out of my ears. Every segment of the industry is at capacity and barely hanging on. I am working from 0600-2000 everyday with customers from coast to coast. It is absoloutley insane! Don't get me wrong, I am smiling from ear to ear but the cost of services is escalating to ludicrous levels. The truck to freight ratio is the worst I have ever seen. I have quite a few customers just now getting back up and running and they are in massive sticker shock at freight cost.
Anyone else?

Yep, worked in operations many years and made the move to shop (maintenance) side and much happier. And yes, dock seems to always be behind and trying to dig out.

We have a wholesale business, shocked at how much containers cost coming from the far east now. IF you can get the containers and IF you can get a ship to carry them.

Was told by my friend in business, containers are about to get A LOT more expensive very soon. Made in China is about to get a lot more expensive.

Yup....$3000 container rates are a pipe dream now. Up to $20K and increasing. Hold on to your chinese made Thanksgiving door wreath and 4th of July chachkis because they will be A LOT more expensive in 2022.

Freight gouging at its' best from the shipping lines overseas and there is NO WAY to regulate or control their gouging. It is a free for all.

Yup....$3000 container rates are a pipe dream now. Up to $20K and increasing. Hold on to your chinese made Thanksgiving door wreath and 4th of July chachkis because they will be A LOT more expensive in 2022.

Freight gouging at its' best from the shipping lines overseas and there is NO WAY to regulate or control their gouging. It is a free for all.

My company doesn't move cheap China freight. Profit margain is to low on this side of the pond. And yes China is straight cornholing us.

Safe manufacturers used to offer free shipping over the order minimum but now we are paying freight no matter what. I’ll easily eat 50k in freight & fuel surcharges this year that would usually be 95% covered by the manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom