• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else have a close relationship with their older sibling?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Yeah, me either. And now as we’re both in our late 30’s with kids (feeling guilt that she never sees us) she wants to manipulate my wife into thinking Im the reason that she -as the older sister- had nothing to do with our family growing up and that I need to reconcile. How do you reconcile with someone who willingly broke off from the family tree? The only feeling I had prior to her trying to manipulate my wife was a feeling of indifference. Now Im officially pissed. Rant over. For now.

Not sure I'd call it close, but I've 2 older sisters, (7 & 10 years). Although we've all moved around the world a bit, and aren't geographically close, it's rare we're not in touch via email or skype every couple of months.

Yeah, me either. And now as we’re both in our late 30’s with kids (feeling guilt that she never sees us) she wants to manipulate my wife into thinking Im the reason that she -as the older sister- had nothing to do with our family growing up and that I need to reconcile. How do you reconcile with someone who willingly broke off from the family tree? The only feeling I had prior to her trying to manipulate my wife was a feeling of indifference. Now Im officially pissed. Rant over. For now.

My older sibling over the years cut ties with family members one at a time, except for me the baby brother, including my mother after dad passed. We are not close and rarely communicate, if it wasn't for my neice I would cut the self centered wretch out of my life completely.

I feel you brother. My older brother disowned our family about 5 years ago. He and I were really close and talked all the time .... then one day he and my mom got into a fight and I took her side and defended her ... no one's heard from him since. We come from a really good family too. It blows my mind and I'll never understand it.

Back
Top Bottom