• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

And you don't have to go for shots. Test-O-Gel comes in little packets that you rub into your upper arm area once daily. They come in boxes of 30 dosages a one month supply. Have your insurance mail you 90 day supply's. It's usually much cheaper that way if they cover it.

I’m on it and I’ll be on it until I die.... be sure to see a good doc that knows how to prescribe it. Some say 100mg once month....or every 2 weeks. That’s terrible! You’re in a hormonal roller coaster that way. Test must be injected weekly to maintain test levels. The best way to take it is every 3-4 days, taking 50mg a dose. Bloodwork and donating blood is definitely key to staying healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use compounded Test from a pharmacy and its only 40$ a month. Way cheaper than brand name Andro Gel and also way more consistent levels that getting a shot once or twice a week.

I use compounded Test from a pharmacy and its only 40$ a month. Way cheaper than brand name Andro Gel and also way more consistent levels that getting a shot once or twice a week.

Andro gel is trash. The body absorbs a different amount every time. The key with hormones is for it to be as level as one can make it. No ups and downs...

Andro gel is trash. The body absorbs a different amount every time. The key with hormones is for it to be as level as one can make it. No ups and downs...

I used it for 6 months. It sucks. (FYI: Make sure you don't get any on your woman if you are romantically inclined or she may grow a beard). I switched to 2 injections a month, 1 every other week and do it at home. Costs $20 a month and has really made a difference. Levels are way up.

So, a long overdue update. I finally made it to the doctor, I didn't have a PHP, so I had to wait in line to get one and then get a full physical. After two lab tests we determined my T levels are low and are getting lower each test. My last test the level was 187, and the low normal should be around 250. We are trying the gel to start to see how it performs. If we don't get the results we want, we will go to the injections. He is being very cautious due to my family history with heart conditions. My sleep has improved somewhat now that the kids are back in school. I've only been on the gel for less than a week, so too soon to determine how it is working. I have another lab in a month to determine the new level and to see what to use going forward.

I have been on the injections for a few years now….. once every two weeks once you get leveled out, it works pretty good. You have to get the levels up and find out what dosage maintains those levels.
I get 2 doses a month, the wifey has gotten good at the injections in the hip.
Good luck ! I hope whatever you do helps ! :)

Back
Top Bottom