• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

I'd say start with your sleep. 36 is too young for that barring other medical conditions leading to it. But lack of sleep for a long period of time can wreak havoc on your body.

NOPE!!!! If you have even a few cells of prostate cancer, adding testosterone to your body is like throwing gas on a fire. It will "fuel" the growth of the cancer cells.

They treat prostate cancer by doing just the reverse.....starving the cancer of testosterone.
ABSOLUTELY get that PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen) checked before doing any T supplements...I was feeling about the same in 2017, at 55 years old. Talked to my doc about it, and he was adamant about checking my PSA...Turns out I had a rising PSA, then prostate cancer, then prostate removal, then a nicked lymph node that leaked and filled me up with lymphatic fluid, which caused a hernia in the upper incision, then hernia surgery, then a drain installed, then the cancer returned, then anti test shot, and radiation therapy...And now I have a PSA score again...Yeah, I'd look into that whole prostate thing....

Sleep is the first (and maybe only) answer. Maybe try power naps? 15 - 30 minutes at a time when you can, where you can. I bought an app for my phone called Sleep Cycle (there are others) that tracks your sleep and analyzes it. It's pretty good, but the main thing is it has a power nap feature or related app that basically gives you an alarm clock adapted to your actual sleep quality. The idea is that you can sleep for a few minutes without worry because you don't have to think about the clock.

Don’t do TRT until absolutely necessary and after a PSA score. I did TRT for 5 or 6 years until my PSA went up just a little. So, my doc took me off TRT.
Next, the hot flashes started. And, yes, men can have those. Lemme tell ya, if you laugh at a woman having a hot flash and she shoots your ass, she’ll get off any charges. Damn hot flashes are terrible.
So, to combat the hot flashes, my female urologist (the one with little fingers) put me on some kinda crap that has estrogen in it, which causes you to get “emotional”. Instead of road rage, I would burst into tears if a driver cut me off. (Not really). So I instantly came off the estrogen stuff and found a natural supplement called Men-O-Pause and it’s helping with the hot flashes.
So, get more sleep and remember, exercise is the fastest way to increase testosterone levels naturally. And just be glad you can still perform.

At 62 it sounds like I used to feel about the same way you do now. When you talk to the doctor make sure you tell them everything. After I cut toxins out like alcohol and tobacco and started to watch what I eat, it made a huge difference.
BINGO!!! and I would bet you're low on vitamin D......

Lots of good information here. Definitely try to get a handle on your sleep. Stress can play a big factor as it raises blood cortisol. Cortisol pretty much negates your natural testosterone. Take a look at what you eat as well. Highly processed food, especially vegetables oils are bad for you, despite marketed otherwise. Not sure if you consume Flax Seed but, that crap is terrible for men.

If all else fails and you go the HRT route, definitely follow what many have stated and get your PSA score. I had a good friend pass last year from prostate cancer. One of the first things they did was to put him on testosterone depleting drugs.

Just do the blood work. If hormones levels are low losing weight is darn near impossible. My father was on it for years. He slimmed down real quick after he was put on HRT. I tested low levels but I had to get my cholesterol in check before they will even begin to prescribe hormones. They in itself can raise cholesterol levels. I am going to get mine checked again along with cholesterol and maybe start therapy. I know for a fact mine are too low.

Back
Top Bottom