Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone do Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by superprime, Apr 8, 2021.

1. superprime

superprime Frontiersman

Rating
    94.4%
    I've started looking into this as I've noticed some things being off lately.

I am 36 years old, constantly tired, unable it seems to lose any real weight. I've gained about 30 lbs in the past year. Tried diets and exercise with no real effects. Libido is lower than it used to be, etc.

Wondering who all here has tried it/currently doing it? I plan to go to the doctor in the next few weeks to get a full workup and see what my options are. I'm still relatively young so I should feel better than I do.

Any doctors you would recommend in the NWGA area (Rome)?

Realtor likes this.
  2. Stringbender

Stringbender Bender of Strings Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  3. troutman

troutman The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    36 seems pretty young to be considering this. TRT is a lifetime commitment. Once you start, your body quits producing testosterone. This leads to all kinds of issues. You really need to research this before you start.

With that said, I was 49, over weight, no energy, no libido and I spent 3 days in the hospital with a heart issue. My cardiologist told me to lose 50 lbs or I might die.

I did my research and started a keto diet with intermittent fasting. In 6 months just by doing these 2 things I lost 50 lbs. I then started walking then working out. At 52 yrs old I am in better shape than when I was 32.

My reason for saying all this is that you CAN lose weight and get in shape and feel better. It just takes a little work on your end. These days everyone is looking for a magic pill. Good ole fashioned hard work is always the best prescription.

PM me if you want and I will be more than happy to share what I did.

4. palmettomoon

palmettomoon NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater

Rating
    100%
    Have you had a testosterone level test? There are home test kits available.

MuleShoe likes this.
  5. superprime

superprime Frontiersman

Rating
    94.4%
    I plan to go for a full bloodwork up in the next month or so. I'm not opposed to hard work. I do Crossfit 3x's a week. I've done intermittent fasting along with Keto, calorie restriction, caveman, carnivore, etc. None of them really show any results. My mood sucks, and I am very quick to lash out. I'll admit my sleep schedule sucks. I work 3rd shift and have three kids in virtual learning, so I'm lucky to get around 3 hours a day, which I'm sure plays a part in all of this. I'm not looking for a magic pill, but I am looking for something to help me not feel like crap all the time.

I'll look into the home T tests to give me some sort of baseline before actual labs are performed.

I'll also admit 36 is young for all of this, but I know something is off somewhere.

MuleShoe likes this.
  6. palmettomoon

palmettomoon NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater

Rating
    100%
  7. K79540

K79540 Frontiersman Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    There is no replacement for hard work....if you like needles...and can deal with them...at a minimum once a week getting shots forever...if someone tells you there is another way...run

MuleShoe likes this.
  8. SAR 6114

SAR 6114 “You’re only as good as your word!!!” Supporter

Supporter
    GA Carry Contributor
    Rating
    100%
    At 62 it sounds like I used to feel about the same way you do now. When you talk to the doctor make sure you tell them everything. After I cut toxins out like alcohol and tobacco and started to watch what I eat, it made a huge difference.

rugerguy, MuleShoe and troutman like this.
  9. superprime

superprime Frontiersman

Rating
    94.4%
    I'm sure will. I don't really want to do something that is lifelong, but I can't keep living like I do now. You can count on both hands on the amount of alcoholic beverages I consume in a year. I have never smoked or taken any other drugs in my lifetime. I know the amount of sleep plays a part, probably a large part in all of this, but that won't be rectified until the kids go back to school in person in August.

MuleShoe likes this.
  10. timbgtm

timbgtm The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Agreed, your body needs time to rejuvenate.

MuleShoe and HERMET like this.