• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

superprime

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
18   1
Reaction score
I've started looking into this as I've noticed some things being off lately.

I am 36 years old, constantly tired, unable it seems to lose any real weight. I've gained about 30 lbs in the past year. Tried diets and exercise with no real effects. Libido is lower than it used to be, etc.

Wondering who all here has tried it/currently doing it? I plan to go to the doctor in the next few weeks to get a full workup and see what my options are. I'm still relatively young so I should feel better than I do.

Any doctors you would recommend in the NWGA area (Rome)?

36 seems pretty young to be considering this. TRT is a lifetime commitment. Once you start, your body quits producing testosterone. This leads to all kinds of issues. You really need to research this before you start.

With that said, I was 49, over weight, no energy, no libido and I spent 3 days in the hospital with a heart issue. My cardiologist told me to lose 50 lbs or I might die.

I did my research and started a keto diet with intermittent fasting. In 6 months just by doing these 2 things I lost 50 lbs. I then started walking then working out. At 52 yrs old I am in better shape than when I was 32.

My reason for saying all this is that you CAN lose weight and get in shape and feel better. It just takes a little work on your end. These days everyone is looking for a magic pill. Good ole fashioned hard work is always the best prescription.

PM me if you want and I will be more than happy to share what I did.

Have you had a testosterone level test? There are home test kits available.

I plan to go for a full bloodwork up in the next month or so. I'm not opposed to hard work. I do Crossfit 3x's a week. I've done intermittent fasting along with Keto, calorie restriction, caveman, carnivore, etc. None of them really show any results. My mood sucks, and I am very quick to lash out. I'll admit my sleep schedule sucks. I work 3rd shift and have three kids in virtual learning, so I'm lucky to get around 3 hours a day, which I'm sure plays a part in all of this. I'm not looking for a magic pill, but I am looking for something to help me not feel like crap all the time.

I'll look into the home T tests to give me some sort of baseline before actual labs are performed.

I'll also admit 36 is young for all of this, but I know something is off somewhere.

There is no replacement for hard work....if you like needles...and can deal with them...at a minimum once a week getting shots forever...if someone tells you there is another way...run

At 62 it sounds like I used to feel about the same way you do now. When you talk to the doctor make sure you tell them everything. After I cut toxins out like alcohol and tobacco and started to watch what I eat, it made a huge difference.

I'm sure will. I don't really want to do something that is lifelong, but I can't keep living like I do now. You can count on both hands on the amount of alcoholic beverages I consume in a year. I have never smoked or taken any other drugs in my lifetime. I know the amount of sleep plays a part, probably a large part in all of this, but that won't be rectified until the kids go back to school in person in August.

Back
Top Bottom