• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do good S&W revolver work near Athens / Buford / Gainesville

CaptainAvatar

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
98   0
Reaction score
Wanting to fit a new cylinder and ensure it is correctly timed and locks up tight. Wondering if there’s anyone around my area that really knows their way around the older Smith revolvers that isn’t too expensive. Any recommendations?

Wanting to fit a new cylinder and ensure it is correctly timed and locks up tight. Wondering if there’s anyone around my area that really knows their way around the older Smith revolvers that isn’t too expensive. Any recommendations?

I just did that on a Smolt 15-3.

@GAGunguy can vouch for my work. Or anyone that was at the M&G at Varsity and handled my revolvers has seen proof of my work.

Plus I am in Statham.

I'm out of commission till end of the week but.

Thanks guys. Good options here, and close! I’m in Jefferson.

Have a Pre-Victory British Contract .38 S&W which current has a .38 Special cylinder installed. Was considering purchasing an original .38 S&W cylinder to make it more original, but I may keep it as is. The current fit isn’t great (has some freedom in full lock), but appears functional and correctly timed. I think first I’ll test fire (with gloves / glasses) and check for spitting lead, etc.

Cylinder / bore gap when pushed and held back is probably just slightly smaller than a credit card. You MIGHT do a credit card in it. Also will rotate just slightly in full lock. More than any of my others but most of mine are excellent condition P&R guns and are very tight.

Back
Top Bottom