• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone climb Mt Kilimanjaro? In December?

no just a bunch (9) college students. She found out later though the old guy they were doing CPR on didn't make it. She didn't tell her mom that one. I believe Everest base camp is around 18,000 ft. Mom and Dad wont be supporting that one, Best she keep on studying.

just saw 17,000 ft. no problem for the young

I climbed Stone Mountain every year on my birthday for years Been awhile,but hell never thought I would live this long
I probably did it 7-8 times in the 70’s before I got married in ‘79. I still can’t believe I made it to 63 so far, I was sure I’d never see 21 the way I was going. lol!

My general surgeon trained for a year before climbing that rock. He said it was the hardest physical work he has ever done.

Daughter going back to Africa for another mission trip. She has signed up for another 10 days to climb Kilimanjaro which is on her bucket list. Being she just turned 21 (and applied for her carry permit) and wants to, I am all for it. There will come a day when she is married with children and not able to be on these adventure's.

Has anyone done it? We just dropped $300 for boots and realize this is the tip of what is to be done. Might be able to borrow a pack and 0* sleeping bag. Seems that rain is prevalent this time of year CitizenK CitizenK want a Zhik pic at the summit . Is she going to need the extreme cold gear?

Will want all constructive information and take the rest as it is ODT.
As far as the 0* sleeping bag. Go way lower. The temperature rating is for survival, not to keep warm. If you are going to camp in -20 weather, you better have a bag rated for much lower than that, or have the additional equipment to either provide the additional warmth or additional protection.

I have a couple closets full of Zhik gear, its good stuff CitizenK CitizenK

I do a back country snow mobile trip out west every year, and altitude is a cold hard bitch. We start at 7k and ride to 10k ft. It kicks my ass. Imagine an 100lb anvil on your chest when you are trying to catch your breath.

This year we are doing Idaho, just south of Yellowstone.

Should be epic.

Could die.

Back
Top Bottom