• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone climb Mt Kilimanjaro? In December?

Congrats and prayers for her safety
We stayed after the service last evening till the priest took their mask off. We then got a prayer for the whole 3 weeks she is to be gone. The water project, then the safari, then the climb. But with @blips forecast, I will be watching the forecast on the mountain. I think she will be more than fine.
We/She is ready for 0 degrees on summit day but bet against -15 to -30 since that was ANOTHER grand. AMEN

I would not stress out too much about the equipment. Our porters who were carrying all our stuff were basically in flip flops and shorts. The tourists were all geared out.

Good call on the Machame route. You need the extra day or two to get acclimated and not get altitude sickness.

I wanted to send a update as I just got word today. She did not summit, but I believe she came close. She said she was 300 meters away, not sure if that's elevation or away but that would put her demise between 18,500 and 19,000 ft doesn't matter.

Left Barafu camp (15,000 ft) with the green apple 2 step and a headache. After 6 hours felt dizzy and kept going till she fell out. Porter was with her asked what she wanted to do she said she was going to the fking summit. Then it happened again 45 minutes later. At that point the lead porter said "he medically didn't think she should continue. She remembered a OLD Guy off the trail 4 hours in receiving CPR and in her words " I turned back for my health" and doesn't know how she got to Mweka camp at 10,000 ft but said " Adrenalin was my friend and I wanted to get off that Fking mountian"

She is resting at 6200 ft tonight feeling ****y but kept dinner down trying to re hydrate for a flight saturday then home Sunday at 2:30 pm.

Quote of the day " When its 20 degrees and you have the ****s you learn to get 2' off the trail loosen the waist belt on the pack drop your pants blow out some taco bell and be going in 2 minutes, not sure if that is a life skill, but a good feeling"

And the proud Papa one as she is devastated not making the summit " Dad I chose to not go down for my health. I might of been able to make it but didn't want anyone to have to carry me down. I know I made the right decision but it sucks"

I wanted to send a update as I just got word today. She did not summit, but I believe she came close. She said she was 300 meters away, not sure if that's elevation or away but that would put her demise between 18,500 and 19,000 ft doesn't matter.

Left Barafu camp (15,000 ft) with the green apple 2 step and a headache. After 6 hours felt dizzy and kept going till she fell out. Porter was with her asked what she wanted to do she said she was going to the fking summit. Then it happened again 45 minutes later. At that point the lead porter said "he medically didn't think she should continue. She remembered a OLD Guy off the trail 4 hours in receiving CPR and in her words " I turned back for my health" and doesn't know how she got to Mweka camp at 10,000 ft but said " Adrenalin was my friend and I wanted to get off that Fking mountian"

She is resting at 6200 ft tonight feeling ****y but kept dinner down trying to re hydrate for a flight saturday then home Sunday at 2:30 pm.

Quote of the day " When its 20 degrees and you have the ****s you learn to get 2' off the trail loosen the waist belt on the pack drop your pants blow out some taco bell and be going in 2 minutes, not sure if that is a life skill, but a good feeling"

And the proud Papa one as she is devastated not making the summit " Dad I chose to not go down for my health. I might of been able to make it but didn't want anyone to have to carry me down. I know I made the right decision but it sucks"
Wow, that’s still a heck of an accomplishment! Glad she’s gonna be okay and home soon.

Wow, that’s still a heck of an accomplishment! Glad she’s gonna be okay and home soon.
Already talked with the wife, if the weather is nasty Sunday I will drive the youngest's highlander to the airport. We have full coverage but didn't fix after a couple minor learn to drive insurance lessons. Its the oldest, but going to pick her up and get her home no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom