• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody hooch fishing

There is a lot of good fishing in the hooch. You have to watch the water and pay attention to the water release from the damn. My target species is spots but I catch striper, white bass, bream, crappie, trout, cat and gar. Most of the fish I catch come from near shoals and creeks but any good pile of wood or trash island will tend to hold a few fish. I fish from Abbotts Bridge all the way down to Franklin. You have to know how to cast really good to get into the pockets that hold fish so lure choice is important. Since I target spots, I always have my plastic worms and jig heads. I also throw pig and jig (black and blue), lizards and creature baits depending on the season. Always carry an assortment of white spinner baits in all sizes. Throw your favorite double treble hook lures like the square head sexy shad, too but all those hooks catch a lot more than fish on the hooch! The hooch is a great fishery! Get out and enjoy it and be careful. The river is much more dangerous than people think!

There is a lot of good fishing in the hooch. You have to watch the water and pay attention to the water release from the damn. My target species is spots but I catch striper, white bass, bream, crappie, trout, cat and gar. Most of the fish I catch come from near shoals and creeks but any good pile of wood or trash island will tend to hold a few fish. I fish from Abbotts Bridge all the way down to Franklin. You have to know how to cast really good to get into the pockets that hold fish so lure choice is important. Since I target spots, I always have my plastic worms and jig heads. I also throw pig and jig (black and blue), lizards and creature baits depending on the season. Always carry an assortment of white spinner baits in all sizes. Throw your favorite double treble hook lures like the square head sexy shad, too but all those hooks catch a lot more than fish on the hooch! The hooch is a great fishery! Get out and enjoy it and be careful. The river is much more dangerous than people think!
ive only seen trout caught there in the hooch.
never seen strips or spots above bull sluice.

I wear their butts out! Not been fishing North of Morgan Falls for a few years now. Trout is the one fish I have not seen in this area but I have heard of a few browns caught. Been wanting to head up but living down here, it is more convenient for me on this end.

Back
Top Bottom