• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody here

I can't get enough of Ga. Brass's poly coated. They load easy, shoot great and don't make a mess in the barrel. I an now convinced that copper or jacketed were mainly marketing tool. Made to please the customers eye's but once fired the target won't care.

I started powder coating my cast boolits a few years back. I found in several of my 40 S&W the PC'd boolits are more accurate than jacketed I have tried. I just have to factor in my labor to produce them and take the time to do so. PC'd boolits are incredibly clean to shoot. Problem is, some guns don't feed as well as others, depends on the gun.

Rosewood

When I first started loading, I favored the jacketed over plated also. As time went on, I discovered many times the plated actually shoot better and cleaner. I believe the larger bullets are the reason. Jacketed have to be small enough to fit all barrels and all barrels are not the same. Plated or cast boolits can be oversized and let the barrel swage them down to a perfect fit when you shoot. This creates a better seal, therefore you get more velocity and cleaner bores. Also, you get less friction with plated or cast than with jacketed since they are softer. You may even get less barrel wear from friction as a result.

I also have taken a few deer and hogs with cast and the cast really puts the smack down on them, even at lower velocities.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom