• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody have a trailer and interested in going to Ft. Wayne IN.?

GaMudd

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
G44L
28   0
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I have a piece of equipment I purchased in Ft. Wayne In. and need it hauled to Conyers. It is on a pallet, but not strapped down and weighs about 1000 pounds and is approximately the size of a pickup truck bed. The folks that have it say they have a forklift that will go about 4 feet high, So I think it would fit on a large utility trailer. Ideally, they would’ve it picked up on Friday the 30th, but that is flexible. Does anybody know anyone that does hauling like this?

We normally do our LTL stuff through Freightquote, but I’m thinking this might be out of their wheelhouse. Lift only goes four feet high and it wiil need to be strapped to the pallet. They are more load and go folks.

If you are going yourself, and had some extra time, go visit the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, IN, great collection of old cars, IN THE FORMER HOME OFFICE BUILDING OF THE COMPANY. Lots of art deco touches like tiled sales floors. Well worth the visit if you are a car guy and have a few extra hours to spend.

Why would it not go into a pickup bed? If it’s on a 4x4 pallet and they can lift it 4 feet I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

I would do it but at a roughly 1350 miles round trip and at least one overnight I don’t think it would be cost effective to run a dedicated truck or truck/trailer combo.

Back
Top Bottom