• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody experience long term blood pressure drop post COVID-19 vaccine?

Agreed.

Just weird that a long-time friend on the same meds had the same change in roughly the same timeframe after the Moderna vaccine. Anecdotal, of course.
Just to play devil's advocate, is your friend about the same age as you, or is he much younger?

Agreed.

Just weird that a long-time friend on the same meds had the same change in roughly the same timeframe after the Moderna vaccine. Anecdotal, of course.
Relatively low, for me, at this age. Three+ decades ago, I was running road races and my BP was routinely 110/60. Hasn't been that low in a long time.

The issue here is change for something that had been very consistent for a couple of years, and happened to coincide with getting the vaccine.

My BP was consistently 120/70 on meds. I also have underlying problems, diabetes which complicated my heart issues. Even though I was relatively having good checkups, a great a1c ,damage was being done to vital organs. My point being with medical problems, throw something new into the mix , it turns the bodies immune system off.

Age has a way of influencing all your stats. Do not confuse getting older with vax side effects. Get it checked out to know for sure.

Always see your md on side effects from any medication or vaccine.

Agreed.

Which is why I don't trust the vaccine. Other vaccines took years after the study to truly show side effects. I guess we have to weigh potential risk.

My BP was consistently 120/70 on meds. I also have underlying problems, diabetes which complicated my heart issues. Even though I was relatively having good checkups, a great a1c ,damage was being done to vital organs. My point being with medical problems, throw something new into the mix , it turns the bodies immune system off.

Always see your md on side effects from any medication or vaccine.

Which is why I don't trust the vaccine. Other vaccines took years after the study to truly show side effects. I guess we have to weigh potential risk.
How did you have diabetes and a great A1C? Or was this after you began treatment for the diabetes?

Just another reason not to get the stabbie

I don't know that I agree. There are likely a lot of people who were vaxxed and recovered from COVID-19, instead of dying or ending up with long term disabilities. But the fact that the are so many, long-term unknowns, makes it more dicey than officials want to admit.

The messaging and politics has been so bad, in pursuit of this as a magic bullet answer, that it's distorted the conversation.

You shouldn't need the vax if you had COVID-19. The conversation regarding therapeutic treatments should be more open and inquiry-driven, rather than the stupid conversation that's taking place, e.g., FDA marketing department running horse de-wormer warnings about Ivermectin.

"There are likely a lot of people who were vaxxed and recovered from COVID-19, instead of dying or ending up with long term disabilities."

Just as likely there are very few that this is the case.

All we are getting about the jab is hype.

This summer, I had a few episodes, working outside in the heat, where I got really lightheaded. Doesn't usually happen to me. Occurred to me that I hadn't taken my blood pressure in a while. Started taking it for a few days, and it was consistently 110/70. While the lower blood pressure is nice, I hated the dizziness that came with it when exerting myself in the yard. I cut my BP med dose in half, and the BP went up about 10 points on top, and has steadied there, and the lightheaded episodes have gone away.

Being 56 years old, family history of high blood pressure, the last thing you expect is blood pressure to go down and stay down. What the hell is this all about? It occurred to me that this started not long after my second Moderna shot. Okay, weird, maybe linked, maybe not.

Just got off the phone with a long time friend, who experienced exactly the same thing. He's a few years older than me, but same meds for high blood pressure. He said his doc was taking him off his BP meds because he was feeling lightheaded and his blood pressure seems to have dropped. I asked if he had been vaccinated and what vaccine he had gotten. The answer: Yes. Moderna.

I would be interested in updates from time to time of how your BP is doing. I take meds for BP as well and have had the Moderna shot. I have not been monitoring my BP . Mine is hereditary and I have been taking meds for years. If the vaccine lowered mine it would probably just get me into the " normal range " on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom