• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else a fan of "The Repair Shop" originally on BBC2?

I love it Palmetto. Just finished up the most recent season last night. I watched season 1-2 a few times through. I'm a tinker at heart so it definitely plucks that string.

Steve the watchmaker is my favorite as well. The young guy Will is pretty solid as is the welder with the beard and old BSA motorcycle.

Never heard of it. Only show I ever saw like that (I suppose) was American Restoration. It was so/so. This one better?
Not even in the same universe buddy. The Repair Shop is truly a good television program, no manufactured drama, no "plot line", just people's stories about the things they bring in for repair and then really detailed explanations about how the craftsmen go about repairing them.

Never heard of it. Only show I ever saw like that (I suppose) was American Restoration. It was so/so. This one better?
Yes IMHO. A variety of craftsmen across variuos areas and many are the leading expert in their area in the UK. One of the last master coopers, last master type writer repairman, master saddlemaker, and a host of others. 3 items restored/repaired per episode. If you like tinkering and seeing things made right instead of just thrown away its a good show to watch.

Yes IMHO. A variety of craftsmen across variuos areas and many are the leading expert in their area in the UK. One of the last master coopers, last master type writer repairman, master saddlemaker, and a host of others. 3 items restored/repaired per episode. If you like tinkering and seeing things made right instead of just thrown away its a good show to watch.
Indeed I do. I'll search it out.

Back
Top Bottom