• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any vehicle 2 post lift installers here?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
My Bro in law just got a new building he’s renting and needs a good quality 2 post lift and installed.
For cars and suvs.
I remember researching this myself years back and read that a 6” thick concrete floor is required.
His landlord “thinks” it’s a 6” floor but he’s not sure.
So he needs to figure that out .
I realize that even a 6”
Floor may not the the required 3000 PSI per square inch or whatever the requirements are and would have to be tested.
I know that his floor may have to be cut to build the proper strength pillars but he needs someone to check this.
His shop is in Cumming near Buford dam rd.
I figured I would hit up my ODT brothers before doing all the research myself and see if anyone is in this business.

I have installed a few lifts. I recently put a new two post in my shop rated for 15000 lbs. Luckily, my slab was 8 inches thick and I didn't have to mess with it. 6 inches would generally be fine for something rated at 7500 or less. He just needs to drill into the slab at a few different points and verify the thickness. The hardest part of the install is getting your posts lined up, and it's really just a matter of double/triple checking measurements and drawing out a grid with a straight edge to make the install easier.

I'm willing to bet that it's not a 6" thick slab. Would putting a steel plate down to spread out the load work?

Do you know who poured the existing slab? I'd be inclined to cut sections and re-pour deep pads just for the lift if its unknown, especially if it is for a bigger lift. Nothing you want to find out with an F250 above your head.

*I put in my own 10k lift, but on a fresh slab I spec'd with 18" footers under the posts.

Installation manual for “ 12,000lb “ Rotary lift. it gives all guidelines needed for concrete. Just an FYI. In my years of commercial construction I probably have north of 500 lift installs in facilities across the US. In one facility alone in New Jersey we installed 125 lifts. Always stuck with the guidelines and never had an issue.

Backing up what the others have said, if the existing slab isn't thick enough, it's best to rip it out and pour a new area for the lift.
Absolutely correct. cut the area needed out. Repour with proper PSI “ keyed” into the concrete area around it. My only personal addition is to use 4000psi and give it sufficient cure time before installing lift.

Back
Top Bottom